DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North America’s premier underground contractors for over 38 years our comprehensive list of mining services, range from shaft sinking and raise boring, to full mine development and operation.
With one of the lowest incident / accident frequency rates in the industry, DMC has been called upon by many leading mining companies to fill critical roles in their success. Our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to deliver leading technology and overriding commitment to safe practices.
Our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
The Development Miner will safely and efficiently remove previously blasted material (muck out round), conduct scaling (removing any unstable slabs of rock hanging from the roof and sidewalls to protect workers and equipment from damage), install support and/or reinforcement using shotcrete, drill face rock, load explosives, and blast explosives.
• Mark up faces in accordance with geological, statutory and survey specification.
• Install all ground support and drill cable bolt hole, incline, decline, drift and mass excavation.
• Install mine services such as: vent, air and water.
• Work without supervision to lead and complete technical activities for the department and ensure accurate and timely completion of activities.
• Perform all other assigned duties, which may change over the course of the project.
• Demonstrate commitment to the continued improvement of Health, Safety and Environment.
• Underground Common Core 770010 program
• Jackleg & Stoper experience required
• Minimum of 5 years of experience
• Ability to read and understand designed ground support plans
• Train the Trainer considered an asset
*The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.