DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North America’s premier underground contractors for over 38 years our comprehensive list of mining services, range from shaft sinking and raise boring, to full mine development and operation.
With one of the lowest incident / accident frequency rates in the industry, DMC has been called upon by many leading mining companies to fill critical roles in their success. Our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to deliver leading technology and overriding commitment to safe practices.
Our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
The Heavy Duty Mechanic will be responsible for repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of the equipment on site such as 2-boom Tamrock Electric Hydraulic Jumbo, 6-yard Scooptram, Maclean Scissor-lift, Utility Vehicle and Shotcrete machine.
• Perform quality maintenance work as directed by their supervisor.
• Understand the operation of diagnostic equipment and measuring tools, reading and interpreting results.
• Inspect, diagnose equipment and troubleshoot components as required (hydraulics an asset).
• Record all defective items on equipment and supply parts listing as per DMC procedures.
• Demonstrate commitment to the continued improvement of Health, Safety and Environment.
• Have a completed personal basic trade tool inventory of a recognized quality.
• Ensure that all direct reports in the workplace take responsibility for aspects of Occupational Health, Safety and Environment over which they have control including adherence to all OHS&E requirements applicable to DMC.
• Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Certificate/License
• 3 to 5 years of experience
• Must have Working at Heights training
• Be able to read procedures and prints as part of the diagnostic process
• Welding & fabrication experience is an asset
*The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.