DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North America’s premier underground contractors for over 38 years our comprehensive list of mining services, range from shaft sinking and raise boring, to full mine development and operation.
With one of the lowest incident / accident frequency rates in the industry, DMC has been called upon by many leading mining companies to fill critical roles in their success. Our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to deliver leading technology and overriding commitment to safe practices.
Our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
The Project Controls Specialist monitors, controls and reports the progress of the project ensuring the effectiveness and appropriate integration of cost control, scheduling, progressing, change management and estimating on the project. This position will be working with site project teams to produce key measurements. The Project Controls Specialist will take responsibility for adherence to all DMC policies.
This is a defined term contract position.
1. Cost Management
• Coordinates and oversees all aspects of the cost functions and associated reporting.
• Ensures forecasts are prepared and integrated according to project and DMC requirements.
• Ensures effective cost assessment and analysis is performed and reported.
• Reviews and verify contractors’ cost control systems and reporting.
2. Planning, Scheduling & Progress
• Ensures that suitable procedures and systems for project planning and scheduling are followed.
• Coordinates all aspects of the planning and scheduling functions and ensures the schedules are properly integrated into one master schedule.
• Ensures schedule assessment and analysis is performed and reported.
• Maintains and updates the Basis of Schedule Document to provide full visibility on the current schedule assumptions, risks, and opportunities.
• Ensure accuracy in the reporting of total project construction, procurement and engineering progress and productivity.
• When applicable, reviews and verify contractors’ scheduling and progressing systems and reporting.
3. Change Management
• Ensures project team members are aware of accountabilities for change notification, mitigation opportunities for adverse changes are maximized and that changes are properly analyzed, reviewed, approved and implemented.
• Controls, analyzes and approves of change to scope, cost and schedule on the project
• Promotes the communication of change occurring at site and head office engineering and schedules change meetings appropriately
• Ensures systems, processes and procedures are in place for early identification and appropriate communication of changes.
• Collects, compiles and ensures the quality of all change related reporting.
• Ensures suitable estimating procedures and standards are in place on the project.
• Assists the Project Controls team and other project departments in understanding the magnitude and drivers of budget variance.
• Participates and reviews estimates in support of the change management process.
• Advises on opportunities for Project Controls process improvement, and assists with procedural creation and reviews.
• Supports effective interfacing with other departments such as Construction, Contracts, Procurement and Finance.
• Attends and assists with routine weekly and monthly meetings and associated reporting.
• Maintains an awareness of client requirements and establishes effective working relationships at all levels.
• Minimum 5 to 7 years of direct Project Controls experience at an intermediate level.
• Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline.
• Flexible, well organized, able to address multiple conflicting priorities and pro-active.
• Project Management and Engineering knowledge is a strong asset.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of mining industry preferred but not required.
• A solid understanding of scheduling software.
• Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
*The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.