DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North America’s premier underground contractors for over 38 years our comprehensive list of mining services, range from shaft sinking and raise boring, to full mine development and operation.
With one of the lowest incident / accident frequency rates in the industry, DMC has been called upon by many leading mining companies to fill critical roles in their success. Our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to deliver leading technology and overriding commitment to safe practices.
Our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
The Document Controller will register and distribute all documentation in accordance with project processes, communicate document control processes to the Project Team, and promote best practice in document control.
This is a defined term contract position.
• Checking, from a document control perspective, the quality of drawings and documents to be catalogued; and accuracy of transmittals.
• Receiving, tracking and monitoring incoming and outgoing engineering drawings, specifications, model review and related documentation.
• Generating transmittals to send documentation to internal & external parties.
• Accurately transmit, receive, review and file all DMC outgoing and incoming correspondence – hard copy and electronic copy
• Create and maintain document log – contains type of document, originator, Rev #, Date of Issue, etc. – be able to distinguish between drafts, revisions, addenda, between text or CAD.
• Facilitate return of documents once issued for approval. Initiate and track document routing guides on site.
• Auditability of documents – create procedure to sufficiently show evidence of an audit trail for all documents
• Enters data from paper records to create updated and maintained electronic files.
• Compile, sort and verify accuracy of data entered, make corrections as required.
• Contact originators of course documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies or missing data.
• Perform related clerical duties, as required.
• Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, technical or engineering related discipline
• Combined with 3 years’ experience in project document control
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of SharePoint and Microsoft Office applications as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of large-scale Document Control Software is preferred ie. Prolog and/or Documentum
*The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.