Alimak Raise Miner
|Location:||Sudbury, Val Caron, Canada|
DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North America’s premier underground contractors for over 38 years our comprehensive list of mining services, range from shaft sinking and raise boring to full mine development and operation.
With one of the lowest incident / accident frequency rates in the industry, DMC has been called upon by many leading mining companies to fill critical roles in their success. Our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to deliver leading technology and overriding commitment to safe practices.
Our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
DMC is currently looking for several Underground Development Alimak Raise Miners. Reporting to the Alimak Raise Leader/Supervisor, the primary role of the Alimak Raise Miner is to maintain and construct underground installations.
Specialization in Alimak Raise, Track, and Trackless Mining is preferred.
• Construct and maintain underground installations/work platforms
• Scaling loose rock, drilling, loading and blasting rock
• Read, interpret and follow mine plans in a safe manner
• Follow rules related to safety standards and practices reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to a Supervisor
• Ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment
• Conduct pre-start checks of work area and equipment
• Practice good housekeeping (maintaining a clean work area, storage of materials and spare parts)
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• 2-5 years experience as an Alimak Raise Miner
• Ontario Basic Common Core Modules (770010)
• Ontario Common Core Specialty Modules for Alimak Raise U0064
• Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe working environment
• Sound knowledge, skills and experience in operation of machinery
• Proven ability to follow verbal and written instructions
• Able to work rotation day and night shifts
*The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results