Alimak Raise Leader/Supervisor
|Location:||Sudbury, Val Caron, Canada|
DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North America’s premier underground contractors for over 38 years our comprehensive list of mining services, range from shaft sinking and raise boring to full mine development and operation.
With one of the lowest incident / accident frequency rates in the industry, DMC has been called upon by many leading mining companies to fill critical roles in their success. Our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to deliver leading technology and overriding commitment to safe practices.
Our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
DMC is currently looking for several Underground Development Alimak Raise Leader/Supervisors.
• Supervises crews and coordinates the activities of the workers in surface and underground mining projects
• Works within the contract presented to the client
• Conducts weekly safety meetings and provides a safe work environment.
• Provides training to Alimak crews
• Daily documentation and correspondence between client and company on performance of crew and equipment
• Takes responsibility for aspects of occupational health and safety, and environmental matters, over which the individual has control, including adherence to all DMC requirements
• Ensure that all direct reports in the workplace take responsibility for aspects of Occupational Health, Safety and Environment over which they have control including adherence to all Occupational Health & Safety requirements
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar supervisory role
• Sound knowledge, skills and experience with Alimak operations
• Ontario Basic Common Core Modules (770010)
• Ontario Common Core Specialty Modules for Alimak Raise U0064
• Experience with Alimak Raise, Track, and Trackless Mining is preferred
• Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe working environment
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• Able to work rotation day and night shifts
*The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results