DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North America’s premier underground contractors for over 38 years, our comprehensive list of mining services ranges from shaft sinking and raise boring to full mine development and operation.
With one of the lowest incident / accident frequency rates in the industry, DMC has been called upon by many leading mining companies to fill critical roles in their success. Our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to deliver leading technology and overriding commitment to safe practices.
Our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
DMC is currently looking for a Raise Bore Operator for projects in the Sudbury area. Reporting to the Raise Bore Supervisor, the Raise Bore Operator is responsible for the operation of Raise Bore activities in a safe and efficient manner. This role requires flexibility to travel to other project locations, as required.
• Follow rules related to safety standards and practices before, during and after work
• Conduct pre-start checks of work area and equipment
• Complete all aspects of raise bore cycle
• Read and interpret engineering plans to set up the raise drill and assemble components
• Perform repairs as required
• Practice good housekeeping (maintaining a clean work area, storage of materials and spare parts)
• Keep accurate records of activities
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• 3-5 years of experience as a qualified Raise Bore Operator
• Ontario Common Core modules and Specialty Raise Bore modules
• Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe working environment
• Sound knowledge, skills and experience in operation of heavy machinery
• Working knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems
• Proven ability to recognize and follow verbal and written instructions
• Able to work rotation day and night shifts
• Able and willing to travel as required
• Valid drivers license required
• Long hole drilling experience is an asset
*No external recruiters please.
*The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.