|Location:||Sudbury, Val Caron, Canada|
DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North America’s premier underground contractors for over 38 years, our comprehensive list of mining services ranges from shaft sinking and raise boring to full mine development and operation.
Our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
DMC is currently looking for an Office Administrator based in our Val Caron, Ontario office. The Office Administrator will be responsible for front-line communication with customers and clients, answering calls, performing administrative duties, and other general administrative support for the Val Caron office and/or to other departments as assigned.
• Perform a variety of administrative tasks including typing, copying, taking notes, inputting timesheets to corporate, creating templates, coordinating daily calendars, updating company phone list, combining and assembling reports, maintaining filing systems, planning various personal/business functions, ordering office supplies and performing ad-hoc administrative duties.
• Provides administrative support to the Asset Manager and all other site departments as required. These duties may include, but are not limited to, scheduling meetings, creating spreadsheets, managing schedules, creating and maintaining reports, minute taking, filing, internet research, assisting with the creation and preparation of documents and presentations
• Provide administrative support across a variety of roles including but not limited to the HR team, Purchasing, Procurement, Maintenance, and Project Controls as assigned
• Support aspects of reception, including: welcoming visitors by, answering and directing phones calls, maintaining security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges, etc.
• Receives, opens, sorts and distributes mail, faxes, resumes and parcels as required. Arranges appropriate courier services as required Assists other departments with overflow work, and provides coverage as required.
• Responsible for sending and receiving correspondence and taking memos.
• Assists with storing, organizing, managing and maintaining files.
• Anticipate work to be completed and initiate proper and acceptable direction for completion of work with little to no supervision and instruction.
• Ensures that all employees in the workplace take responsibility for aspects of Occupational Health and Safety, over which they have control, including adherence to all Occupational Health and Safety requirements applicable to DMC Mining Services.
• Other duties or tasks as assigned
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in Business with 2-4 years of experience in an administrative role
• Intermediate to Advanced level knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is a requirement
• Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Enthusiastic team player who is easily adaptable and able to work with individuals at a variety of levels
• Excellent time management skills; the individual must be well-organized and possess the ability to prioritize tasks and remain calm under stressful situations
• Experience with budgeting and cost-analysis
• Highly motivated person who is adaptable, and interested in a high-pace learning environment
*No external recruiters please.
*The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results