DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North America’s premier underground contractors for over 38 years, our comprehensive list of mining services ranges from shaft sinking and raise boring to full mine development and operation.
With one of the lowest incident / accident frequency rates in the industry, DMC has been called upon by many leading mining companies to fill critical roles in their success. Our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to deliver leading technology and overriding commitment to safe practices.
Our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
DMC is currently looking for a U/G Licensed Electrician to join our team on a permanent basis, based in our Sudbury Operations. The U/G Licensed Electrician will be responsible for following duties:
• Perform quality maintenance work as directed by their supervisor.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair
• Demonstrate the ability to read complex prints along with an exceptional understanding of electrical codes
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring equipment using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
• Follow company policies and procedures
• Must be experienced and comfortable working at heights.
• Must follow standard safety operating procedures.
• Takes responsibility for aspects of occupational health and safety, and environmental matters, over which the individual has control, including adherence to all requirements applicable to DMC.
• Have a completed personal basic trade tool inventory of a recognized quality.
• Electrician License
• Basic Underground Common Core 770010 Program (U0000-U0001-U0002-U0012)
• Strong organizational and time management skills are expected
• 3 years’ experience working underground
*No external recruiters please.
*The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.