DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North Americaâ€™s premier underground contractors for over 38 years, our comprehensive list of mining services ranges from shaft sinking and raise boring to full mine development and operation.
With one of the lowest incident / accident frequency rates in the industry, DMC has been called upon by many leading mining companies to fill critical roles in their success. Our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to deliver leading technology and overriding commitment to safe practices.
Our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
DMC is currently looking for a Welder to join our team on a contract basis, based in our Northern Ontario Projects. This a camp site position and you would be expected to work 14 days and would be off for 14 days.Â The Welder will be responsible for:
- Should be welder/fitter/fabricator/sheet metal certified
- Perform quality maintenance work as directed by supervisor
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Have a complete personal basic trade tool inventory of good recognized quality for his trade
- Be able to read procedures and prints as part of the diagnostic process, layout work
- Must follow standard safety operating procedures
- Must be able to read engineering drawings and CWB requirements for modifications
- Takes responsibility for aspects of occupational health and safety, and environmental matters, over which the individual has control, including adherence to all requirements applicable to DMC.
- Demonstrate commitment to the continued improvement of Occupational Health, Safety and Environment
- Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Must have current CWB certification
- Must have basic Common Core training, U0000-U0001-U0002-U0012
- Have good oral and written communication skills
*No external recruiters please.
*The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.