DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North Americaâ€™s premier underground contractors for over 38 years, our comprehensive list of mining services ranges from shaft sinking and raise boring to full mine development and operation.
With one of the lowest incident / accident frequency rates in the industry, DMC has been called upon by many leading mining companies to fill critical roles in their success. Our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to deliver leading technology and overriding commitment to safe practices.
Our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
DMC is currently looking for a Construction Miner to join our team on a contract basis, based in our Northern Ontario Projects. This a camp site position and you would be expected to work 14 days and would be off for 14 days.Â The Construction Miner will be responsible for:
- Ability to perform concrete work, installation of timbers and specialized ground support, forming, vent doors, walls, and refuge stations
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Extend services such as secondary ventilation, waterlines, airlines along with drainage
- Operation of underground mining equipment such as, but not limited to, forklift, scissor lift, man carrier
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as an underground Construction Miner
- Basic Underground Common Core training in the program # 770010 U0000-U0001-U0002-U0012
- Common core specialty modules: U0085a - Construct Concrete Installations, U0085b - Construct Timber Installations, U0085c - Construct Steel Installations
- Common core specialty module U0086 - Shotcrete considered an asset
- Experience with steel work considered an asset
*No external recruiters please.
*The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.