DMC Mining Services is a leading provider of mining services and solutions. As one of North America’s premier underground contractors for over 38 years, our comprehensive list of mining services ranges from shaft sinking and raise boring to full mine development and operation.
With one of the lowest incident / accident frequency rates in the industry, DMC has been called upon by many leading mining companies to fill critical roles in their success. Our focus is on applying the expertise of our employees to attractive projects while pledging to deliver leading technology and overriding commitment to safe practices.
Our core values: Zero Harm, Teamwork, Results Driven, Courage and Accountability.
DMC is currently looking for a Sr. Mining Estimator to join our team based in our Val Caron, Ontario location. The Sr. Mining Estimator will assist the operations and proposal/estimating teams in formulating budgets, proposals, methodologies and estimates for new and existing mine development projects.
• Establish quantity takeoffs and bills of materials.
• Work with vendors and subcontractors to obtain quotes.
• Define execution methodology and prepare project execution plan.
• Schedule estimates for projects and resources.
• Prepare tender documents including basic contract language.
• Conduct site visits as required.
• Conduct performance analysis for tasks within the mining cycle.
• Liaise with industry suppliers to maintain current price database.
• Support projects with estimating and scheduling needs, as required.
• 10+ years of related experience estimating mine development projects.
• Experience with construction estimating is an asset.
• Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Advance level knowledge of Microsoft Suite, including Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Project and Adobe.
• Ability to work within tight deadlines.
• Strong organization skills with a proactive approach.
• Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Mine Engineering or related discipline is an asset.
*No external recruiters please.
*The description is for the purpose of information only, and reflects the general duties considered to describe the principle functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. It is understood that the terms or conditions of the job are subject to change as may be deemed necessary by the Company to maintain a safe and efficient operation.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, please note that accommodations are available, upon request, throughout the recruitment and assessment process for any applicants with disabilities.
DMC Mining is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, however only the candidates selected will be contacted.