Position Overview: Tax Analyst reports to the Tax Manager- Compliance and is responsible for assisting in the administration of Helix Energy Solutions Group, Inc.’s U.S. tax compliance obligations. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare U.S. Federal, State and local tax compliance including tax returns, quarterly estimates, extensions, etc.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of the Company’s U.S. GAAP tax provision.
- Prepare and maintain separate company asset and depreciation schedules.
- Communicate with Business Unit personnel to obtain information necessary to prepare the various tax filings.
- Assist with special tax projects including basis studies, tax account reconciliations, credit utilization planning, and responses to U.S. Federal and State audit inquiries.
- Participate in the tax department’s tax planning initiatives.
- Maintain tax knowledge through ongoing participation in seminars, courses and-self education.
Seeking candidates with:
- A 4-year Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience. CPA or CPA candidate a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office products.
- Experience with ONESource Tax Software and BNA Fixed Asset System a plus.