|Back to Search Results
|# of openings:||1|
|Location:||US – Texas, Houston, Helix Corporate|
|Travel:||25% or less|
|Career Level:||Experienced (Management)|
|Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
Job Title: Port Engineer Reports To: General Manager Operations
Department: Operations Onshore * Offshore
Basic Function: Provide specialized marine and vessel operational support.
Responsibilities include support of the daily operation of vessels and working with Operations, Engineering, Projects and QEHS Departments to ensure safe and efficient operation and ensure rigs meet all required regulatory and corporate requirements
# Duties Authority Percent of Time * Percentages do not apply to Offshore employees as those change based on vessel(s) / project(s)
1 Monitor the operation of assigned vessel, ensuring that all Company, Flag State and EHS procedures are followed and monitor the operation of assigned vessel through the provision of programs based on manufacturers' recommendations and in accordance with International, National and Classification standards, to ensure the vessel is maintained in a safe and environmentally compliant operational condition. Ensure Class Status of assigned vessel is maintained. II
2 Provide technical support and guidance to vessel crew to ensure safety of the crew, equipment, protection of the environment and compliance with regulatory and company requirements. II
3 Ensure that all key marine operating personnel meet company's marine competency standards and competent to carry out their duties. II
4 Support development of company marine policies, procedures, guidelines, standing orders and specific operational guidelines and ensure they are being adhered to. II
5 Liaise with regulatory, government agencies, client representatives and marine surveyors as appropriate. II
6 Review vessel inspections and audits to confirm compliance with MODU Code (SOLAS as applicable), MARPOL, STCW, ILO Conventions, IMO resolution AB91(21). applicable IMCA guidelines and applicable industry codes. Verify that any corrective action is agreed and implemented within the required timescales. II
7 Travel to rigs to conduct marine inspections, review marine procedures, logs and marine equipment to ensure they are fit for purpose. and investigate any marine related accidents or incidents. Verify that any corrective action is agreed and implemented within the required timescales. II
8 Assist with the compilation of Operating Budgets and monitor same. II
9 Assist with the compilation of Capital Expenditure budgets. II
10 Perform regular vessel inspections and report condition of asset(s) to Management Team. II
11 Prepare Specs for Repair, Dry-docking and Modification, Tender evaluation, selection of Shipyards or Repairs, Supervise Repairs. II
12 Manage special projects as assigned by Management. II
13 Act as back up for other Port Engineers in their absence. II
14 Responsible for hiring offshore Marine and Catering Staff II
15 Act as a member of the regional Emergency Response Team during an emergency II NA
Complete other duties and/or projects as required and assigned by management
Definition of Authority:
Authority I To act.
Authority II To act but inform the person whom he/she reports to and other interested parties. Authority III To consult before acting.
* Education: Maritime academy and / or Bachelor's degree from accredited college, university preferred or equivalent technical qualification. Knowledge of DP systems required.
* Experience: Minimum of four years previous experience with dynamically positioned vessels. Previous office based marine support I management experience taken into consideration.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Availability and willingness to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Committed to a high standard of safety and to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer's safety policies and rules. Must be willing to report non-conformities and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Effective communication, team working and organizational skills. Good interpersonal skills. - Excellent conflict resolution skills and be able to diplomatically handle confrontation.
- Exercise sound judgments and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions. - Maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
- PC proficiency required. Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office software suite version.
- Perform duties onsite, except those job duties which are customarily or by their nature performed offsite (such as off-site meetings with customers at their request or for marketing purposes, making deliveries to designated destinations, traveling to field offices to meet with superiors/peers/subordinates or attend / conduct training, etc.).
Special Requirements: - Must demonstrate knowledge of applicable marine industry standards, practices, and methodologies as well as regulatory requirements and commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company's Ethics and Compliance Code, and other Company policies and procedures, and take all required training courses
This position is expected to report in office.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results