LTS is seeking a Help Desk Specialist to join our team supporting an Information (IT) support service project for Walter Reed in Silver Spring MD
LTS is an acknowledged and award-winning multi-ISO/CMMI Level 3 appraised business focused on delivering first-class solutions to solve our clients’ business and technical challenges in providing quality healthcare and security to our nation.
LTS provides trusted consulting, and solutions in an increasingly complex and growing world. Our deep expertise in technology and analytics helps us serve a broad constituency of clients that range from cabinet-level departments of the U.S. Government to the largest Federal IT contractors in the world.
LTS is a leading information technology (IT) provider for mission critical systems leveraging the latest technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions from small mobile applications to large, complex enterprise applications. Our professionals specialize in multiple disciplines including program management, system integration, system design, system development, cybersecurity, infrastructure and data analytics.
LTS is committed to offering eligible employee’s comprehensive benefits that will provide them with options intended to meet their needs and the needs of their family.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Tier II help desk support
- Help Desk support includes: incident, problem and request management processes
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL service framework
- Provide end user development support service and incident resolution remotely and through touch-labor service
- Help desk specialist will coordinate with the Global Service Center to resolve issues within the following: basic issues 4 hours; complex issues 8 hours; and peripheral requirements 72 hours
- Utilize the Global Service Center ticketing system for al help desk tasking (documentation and resolution)
- Help desk tasking includes: installing and connecting desktops (PCs) and other peripherals to the network, wiping and rebuilding infected desktops, software installation (operating system, MS Office Suite, anti-virus software, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) needed by the user for their work), assisting users with services and products.
- Experience working on government-owned or government approved desktops and peripherals
- Experience with the following: repair desktops, printers, scanners, and other peripherals
- Perform Dell Inc warranty work
- Experience with imaging all new computers with the current approved WRAIR operating system
- Provide printer/multi-functional device (MFD) support and ensure all printers/MFDs are configured in accordance with appropriate DISA SATIG prior to adding to the network
- Support contract deliverables and documentation
- Adhere to and abide by established configuration management policies
- Resolve system performance issues, design and implementation of new requirements and scheduled system maintenance windows
- Document and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Provide input during classified requirements definition and requirements planning processes
- Provide support to the help desk during normal business hours, with after hour support provided via phone
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 2-4 years of experience in Systems or Network Administration or related discipline
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or additional experience
- Microsoft Certification
Security Clearance Requirements
- Active DOD Secret Clearance Required
LTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.