Service Desk Technician Tier I/II
LTS has an opening on our team for a Service Desk Technician to work in our Federal Sector (Department of Commerce) supporting a Federal Contract. This role requires experience with Tier I & Tier II support for Service Desk and Desktop Support operations. The Technician will provide Service Desk and Desktop Support for approximately 1000 end-users operating in a mixed Windows Desktop thick and thin client environment.
Information about LTS
LTS is an acknowledged and award-winning multi-ISO/CMMI Level 3 appraised business focused on delivering first-class solutions to solve our clients’ business and technical challenges in providing quality healthcare and security to our nation.
LTS provides trusted consulting, and solutions in an increasingly complex and growing world. Our deep expertise in technology and analytics helps us serve a broad constituency of clients that range from cabinet-level departments of the U.S. Government to the largest Federal IT contractors in the world.
LTS is a leading information technology (IT) provider for mission critical systems leveraging the latest technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions from small mobile applications to large, complex enterprise applications. Our professionals specialize in multiple disciplines including program management, system integration, system design, system development, cybersecurity, infrastructure and data analytics.
LTS is committed to offering eligible employee’s comprehensive benefits that will provide them with options intended to meet their needs and the needs of their family.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve Microsoft Windows (Windows 7 & 10) hardware and software problems.
- Experience with Citrix with managing thin & thick clients
- Experience with setting up printers and managing print server
- Install and configure new PC hardware and software on desktops and peripherals such as printers, external drives and other related hardware.
- Develop, prepare, tests and deploy hard drive images and be capable of supporting users in a virtual desktop environment.
- Serves as central point of contact for all customer concerns.
- Develop, document and effectively communicate job processes, procedures and techniques.
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users;
- Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps
- Interact professionally with clients exhibiting strong customer service skills.
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors the incident/problem/task to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides first and second‐tier support to end users for either PC, operating system or hardware.
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- Clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff and customers.
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
- Experience with ticketing system such as BMC Footprints to create and close tickets
- Be able to create documentation such as job aids and SOP’s
- ITIL Foundations experience such as incident and problem management
- Work with Tier III support team to resolve incidents/problems
- Any relevant SolarWinds experience is a plus
- Windows Active Directory Experience in creating user accounts and resetting passwords
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- ITIL v3 or v4 Certified-desirable
- Network+ Certification -desirable
- Security+ Certification -desirable
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Top Secret with SCI Eligibility