LTS is seeking a Technical Writer to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
Information about LTS
LTS is an acknowledged and award winning multi-ISO/CMMI Level 3 appraised business focused on delivering first-class solutions to solve our clients’ business and technical challenges in providing quality healthcare and security to our nation.
LTS provides trusted consulting, and solutions in an increasingly complex and growing world. Our deep expertise in technology and analytics helps us serve a broad constituency of clients that range from cabinet-level departments of the U.S. Government to the largest Federal IT contractors in the world.
LTS is a leading information technology (IT) provider for mission critical systems leveraging the latest technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions from small mobile applications to large, complex enterprise applications. Our professionals specialize in multiple disciplines including program management, system integration, system design, system development, cybersecurity, infrastructure and data analytics.
LTS is committed to offering eligible employee’s comprehensive benefits that will provide them with options intended to meet their needs and the needs of their family.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Must have experience in editing narrative and graphic products to identify and correct grammatical formatting and logic errors and to identify logical inconsistencies that will require author attention.
- Must have experience in the application a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, and scheduling tools.
- Must have experience in meeting with authors and other team representatives to review documents, compile inputs/corrections, resolve incompatible comments, and provide final publishable documentation.
- Must have experience in explaining in simple language scientific and technical ideas that are difficult for the average reader to understand.
- Have strong analytical and investigation skills crafting solutions to challenging problems or issues
- Must have experience supporting multiple projects/workstreams and abilities to support more than one PM, shifting focus as needed.
- Be responsible for on-time completion of all deliverables
- Must have desire and ability to support ad hoc project requirements as needed, to including project coordination responsibilities, i.e. scheduling meetings, drafting notes, etc…
- Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related scientific /technical discipline (8 years can be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree)
- Years of Experienced Required: 10+
- Well versed in the VA Veteran-Focused Integration Process (VIP) project management methodology
- Experience within the VA Health portfolio is a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and supervision
- Experience working with large teams in remote environments
- Experience in all areas of the software development life cycle, enterprise-wide network engineering, strategic information planning, business process reengineering, structure and management practices
- Must have experience with diverse IT projects both large and small
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Veterans Affairs Public Trust