Role: Budget Analyst
Client: Veterans Administration
LTS is looking for a skilled Budget Analyst/B3 Analyst to support the Department of Veterans Affairs. The position is fully remote. The Budget Analyst will provide a range of financial, budgetary, and administrative support functions to the Business Office and be responsible to perform a number of various technical, analytical, and administrative duties to support the Business Office operations, projects and plans.
This role is considered a Functional Area Analyst and must have experience with the analysis of business, functional, technical, activities, and events. This Analyst is responsible for working with users and customers to document and strategize for process improvements for current business processes (business process reengineering). This role will analyze conditions that impact the overall operational efficiency of an organization and identifying symptoms for process improvement.
- Support client organization in various budgetary, fiscal and acquisition tracking tasks including but not limited to action items, data calls, status reports, collecting updates, and comparing data from multiple sources to ensure data consistency and accuracy
- Provide data collection, tracking, reporting, process development, and implementation of new processes related to business office activities related to budgetary and fiscal management activities
- Prepare, update, and test all budget SOPs
- Coordinate and prepare briefing materials for internal budget review and senior executive bi-monthly budget meetings
- Prepares budget charts, graphs, tables, and other associated documentation for budget presentations
- Update and maintain the client organization Dashboard for Budget Execution and MYP
- Assist in the preparation of IT cost models
- Formalize budget data calls using SharePoint
- Assist with various ad hoc budget requests and reports.
- Assist the client to identify areas for process improvement in financial processes in IT Operations and Service pillar
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical, finance or business discipline (eight years’ additional relevant experience may be substituted for degree).
- At least five years’ relevant budget analyst experience required.
- Strong customer service skills, teaming skills, and the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team.
- Ability to research and resolve problems efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to interact professionally and productively with wide range of client and partner organizations stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and presentation skills.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office- including Word, Excel, Access, Sharepoint, PowerPoint and Project.
- Sound understanding of finance and fiscal management principles and familiarity with government budget processes (e.g. PPBE) and regulations (Federal Acquisition Regulation).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government clearance.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and/or other federal organizations.
- Experience working in an Agile environment using Scrum methodologies.
LTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.