LTS is seeking a Project Manager to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Health Portfolio. The Project Manager must have experience working in a high visibility environment with expectations to manage communications with CIO and Congress.
The Health PMO support contract provides IT program management, project management, technical management, financial management, functional planning, and documentation analysis in support of the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) Enterprise Program Management Division (EPMD) Health Portfolio
The VA Health Portfolio is focused on development and execution of quality IT projects that address the needs of Veterans and health care providers through management of health care information and sustainment of production software to keep the mission going.
LTS is an acknowledged and award winning multi-ISO/CMMI Level 3 appraised business focused on delivering first-class solutions to solve our clients’ business and technical challenges in providing quality healthcare and security to our nation.
LTS provides trusted consulting, and solutions in an increasingly complex and growing world. Our deep expertise in technology and analytics helps us serve a broad constituency of clients that range from cabinet-level departments of the U.S. Government to the largest Federal IT contractors in the world.
LTS is a leading information technology (IT) provider for mission critical systems leveraging the latest technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions from small mobile applications to large, complex enterprise applications. Our professionals specialize in multiple disciplines including program management, system integration, system design, system development, cybersecurity, infrastructure and data analytics.
LTS is committed to offering eligible employees comprehensive benefits that will provide them with options intended to meet their needs and the needs of their family.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate process requirements for various projects
- Lead Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) document creation, including coordination with the VA Project Managers, development team, VA Medical Center leadership and the VistA Application Division for electronic signatures and finalization
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, managing and reporting key Program and Product Team execution status and metrics in VA PARS across all aspects of the Agile product development lifecycle using VIP as the minimum performance baseline
- Responsible to support through leading communications, program baseline support, strategic planning and analysis, data collection, quality reviews, risk management, and overall management of supporting projects
- Monitor, track and provide client reports on project schedule, work plan, risks and budget to ensure project meets targeted dates and goals
- Capture and monitor action items status, produce and communicate meeting minutes and drive action to their proper resolution or conclusion
- Manage writing and client delivery of project documents (project management plans, quality control plan, system design document, etc.)
- Develop, analyze, and report on project and program budgets and expenditures data to support timely and accurate budget execution and financial management and reporting activities
- Manage the collection, tracking and monitoring of system and business requirements
- Identify and manage risks and issues impacting the progress and outcome of the project
- Maintain schedule of pre-production, IOC production, and national release dates. Support prioritization of patch releases for multiple projects
- Facilitate accurate configuration management for project related artifacts
- Verify traceability amongst requirements, test cases and potential risks and impediments
- Provide daily supervision and direction to support staff as needed
- Highly motivated and analytical; proven problem-solving abilities
- Ability to take initiative and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn new skills, new client environments, and grow domain expertise
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to conduct independent research to lead or support the resolution of complex issues
- Excellent verbal communication, oral presentation, analytical and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and project oversight skills
- Excellent leadership, management, and delegation skills
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines and stay organized
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 10 Years of experience preferred
- Must hold at minimum a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline
- 8 Year of additional experience can be substituted for degree
- VA project management experience (highly preferred)
- Project Management Professional – PMP Certified (Preferred)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong facilitation, written and communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS SharePoint, MS Teams, MS Visio
- Understanding and supporting the Agile delivery model, whether Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Lean Kanban, DevSecOps or other iterative development approaches
- Experience in all areas of the software development life cycle a plus
Security Clearance Requirements
- Ability to pass pre-employment background investigation, including credit check
- Ability to obtain and maintain a moderate background investigation (MBI)
LTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.