LTS is seeking a Business Analyst to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Health Portfolio. This individual will support functions of the Program Management Office as well as our VA clients. Will serve as the Business Analyst/Requirements Analyst and work collaboratively with stakeholders to serve as a liaison with other teams as appropriate in support of VA’s implementation of an automated claims system within the Civilian Health and Medical Program. CHAMPVA is an Office of Community Care program that reimburses for critical healthcare services provided to certain Veteran family members by community health care providers. This environment is dynamic and client needs are often evolving. As such, thought-provoking leadership, problem solving, rapid learning, and carrying the innovative mindset needed to lead our clients through conceptualization, strategic planning, and execution is important. Additionally, flexibility and forward-thinking views are important for success.
The Health PMO support contract provides IT program management, project management, technical management, financial management, functional planning, and documentation analysis in support of the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) Enterprise Program Management Division (EPMD) Health Portfolio
The VA Health Portfolio is focused on development and execution of quality IT projects that address the needs of Veterans and health care providers through management of health care information and sustainment of production software to keep the mission going.
LTS is an acknowledged and award winning multi-ISO/CMMI Level 3 appraised business focused on delivering first-class solutions to solve our clients’ business and technical challenges in providing quality healthcare and security to our nation.
LTS provides trusted consulting, and solutions in an increasingly complex and growing world. Our deep expertise in technology and analytics helps us serve a broad constituency of clients that range from cabinet-level departments of the U.S. Government to the largest Federal IT contractors in the world.
LTS is a leading information technology (IT) provider for mission critical systems leveraging the latest technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions from small mobile applications to large, complex enterprise applications. Our professionals specialize in multiple disciplines including program management, system integration, system design, system development, cybersecurity, infrastructure and data analytics.
LTS is committed to offering eligible employee’s comprehensive benefits that will provide them with options intended to meet their needs and the needs of their family.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Elicits, analyzes, specifies, and validates the business needs of stakeholders, be they customers or end users
- Collaborates with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision
- Lead requirements elaboration sessions to gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods
- Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes
- Assists in conducting research on products to meet agreed upon requirements
- Participates in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards
- Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team
- Develops and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted
- Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood
- Responsible for tracking, assessing, and supporting risk mitigation plans
- Use source data to evaluate the effectiveness of projects and business processes.
- Perform gap analysis and recommend solutions
- Develop and update routine reporting documentation, leveraging best practices and project templates
- Assist Program and Project Managers by facilitating meetings and produce meeting minutes
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, and information
- Maintains key project documents including deliverables and artifacts
- Establishes and maintains team performance metrics when needed
- Document standard operating procedures and processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or a related scientific or techincal dicipline is required
- 10 years of experience
- +8 years of additional experience may be substituted for education
- Demonstrated experience in Agile delivery model, whether Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Rally, JIRA, GitHub or other iterative development approaches
- Certified Scrum Master (highly preferred)
- Project Management Professional – PMP Certified (highly preferred)
- Certified SAFe (highly preferred)
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in DevOps environment (highly preferred)
- Demonstrated hands on experience executing job duties in a SAFe environment (highly preferred)
- Demonstrated hands on experience executing job duties in a Product Line Management (PLM) environment (highly preferred)
- Veterans Affairs experience (highly preferred)
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to meet objectives
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with VA, PMO and Development team contacts, and at a level appropriate to the audience
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong facilitation, written and communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS SharePoint, MS Teams, MS Visio
- Experience in all areas of the software development life cycle a plus
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Veterans Affairs Public Trust
LTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law