LongView International Technology Solutions (LongView) is seeking a Senior Communications Specialist to support a Communications program
• Serve on a team of communications professionals and develop subject matter expertise within the federal IT environment.
• Work with senior level executives to understand their priorities and develop key communications staples, including communication plans, core messaging, talking points and intranet articles; create content such as blogs, emails, and other deliverables in leaders' voices.
• Proactively build and manage relationships with key stakeholders across a range of levels and business functions.
• Review, track, process and assign audit-related emails, actions and correspondence from auditors, audit agencies and OCIO representatives and coordinates timely audit responses through facilitating communication between all levels of DHS staff, OCIO staff, management, senior leadership, second-party contractors, third-party contractors, internal and external stakeholders in compliance with audit requirements and in accordance with the Office of Inspector General (OIG), General Accounting Office (GAO), DHS management directives, policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Understand the client and evaluate the big picture to develop actionable communications strategy and plans to reach the right audiences through the appropriate channels.
• Demonstrate excellent writing skills, with the ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, translate complicated issues into a clear point of view, and create a compelling, concise and well-written narrative.
• Adhere to team quality assurance measures and lead review of deliverables within your purview to ensure high-quality, error-free materials.
Roles and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide leadership for a communication team serving a government client.
• Identify opportunities and deliver results independent of supervision.
• Evaluate effectiveness of communication strategies, tactics and means of measuring results, and track changes and trends over time
• Work closely with government client and team to ensure schedule and objectives are met and exceeded.
• Interpersonal, verbal and presentation skills.
• Attention to detail and deliver against client timelines.
• Participate in business development opportunities.
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, English or Business is preferred.
• 12 years of strategic communication experience.
• Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
• Must know APA standards and have strong editing, proofreading, and writing skills3
• Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
• Superior project management and time management skills.
• Must possess strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in communications and federal IT.
• Must be self-motivated
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Ability to foster collaborative relationships with other cross-functional teams.
Security Clearance Requirements
• Active SECRET security clearance
LTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.