LTS is seeking a Requirements/Configuration Manager to support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Health Portfolio. The Requirements/Configuration Manager must have a strong technical background and extensive knowledge of AGILE standards, methodologies, processes, procedures, and guidelines.
The Health PMO support contract provides IT program management, project management, technical management, financial management, functional planning, and documentation analysis in support of the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) Enterprise Program Management Division (EPMD) Health Portfolio
The VA Health Portfolio is focused on development and execution of quality IT projects that address the needs of Veterans and health care providers through management of health care information and sustainment of production software to keep the mission going.
Information about LTS
LTS is an acknowledged and award winning multi-ISO/CMMI Level 3 appraised business focused on delivering first-class solutions to solve our clients’ business and technical challenges in providing quality healthcare and security to our nation.
LTS provides trusted consulting, and solutions in an increasingly complex and growing world. Our deep expertise in technology and analytics helps us serve a broad constituency of clients that range from cabinet-level departments of the U.S. Government to the largest Federal IT contractors in the world.
LTS is a leading information technology (IT) provider for mission critical systems leveraging the latest technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions from small mobile applications to large, complex enterprise applications. Our professionals specialize in multiple disciplines including program management, system integration, system design, system development, cybersecurity, infrastructure and data analytics.
LTS is committed to offering eligible employees comprehensive benefits that will provide them with options intended to meet their needs and the needs of their family.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, execute, and manage configuration change request (CRQ) and apply and update baseline documentation for Release Readiness Review (RRR) process.
- Review and update existing CM plans/procedures and recommend improvements and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) based on industry leading practices.
- Track/verify that change management processes are followed in accordance with VA approved policies and procedures.
- Review existing Configuration Management Database (CMDB) items found in Jira and GitHub, identify overall business needs, provide process and technology recommendations tailored for the VA’s needs.
- Follow VA policies and procedures for the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), work with the project team to migrate software builds from non-production and production environments after rigorous testing, per procedures and change management approvals built into management processes.
- Manage tools across project lifecycles, provide recommendations to consolidate tools, migrate towards automation solutions where possible.
- Confirm implementations adhere to SDLC and VA policies by engaging in every part of the process from the planning phase to the deployment phase.
- Document baselines for Configuration Management (CM) artifacts, regularly review to audit CM documentation and CM processes to validate documentation and processes are following best practices and are following the VA policy guidelines.
- Work with members of the Health Services Portfolio (HSP) Team to release VistA patches nationally.
- Update the VA PARS Dashboard with weekly updates on the Increments, Releases, Risks, and Project Status.
- Work as a team player and leader in order to effectively coordinate across functional teams
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 10 Years of experience preferred
- Must hold at minimum a Bachelors Degree in in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline (8 years of experience can be substituated for lack of specific degree)
- Must be able to assess program needs and define system requirements, document functional requirements and develop IT road maps
- Experience with financial, schedule, and performance oversight
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and Visio
- Well versed in the VA Veteran-Focused Integration Process (VIP) project management methodology
- Must have experience with diverse IT projects both large and small
- Experience within the VA Health portfolio is a plus
- VA experience (highly preferred)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong facilitation, written and communication skills
- Experience in SAFe, Agile, SDLC (software development life cycle) a plus
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification preferred
Security Clearance Requirements
- Ability to pass pre-employment background investigation, including credit check
- Ability to obtain and maintain a moderate background investigation (MBI)
LTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.