Medical Staff Coordinator (Credentialing Specialist)
Coordinates the activities Credentialing Program in compliance with state and federal regulations and Joint Commission standards for nationwide COVID Testing and Vaccine Program. Provides executive administrative support to various medical staff department/services related to credentialing functions.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory and accrediting institutions.
- Monitor healthcare staff credentials and licenses to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Maintains accurate physician and health professional information in credentialing databases.
- Creates reports using the credentialing database as requested.
- Identifies discrepancies in information and conducting follow-ups.
- Completes providers credentialing and re-credentialing applications; monitors applications and follows-up as needed. Advise staff on renewal procedures to complete process.
- Runs monthly reports on all employees who will have licenses which are ready to expire within the next 3 months and follows up with COVID Director of Quality and Control and employee to ensure receipt of updated license for our records.
- Manages all activities associated with project health assessment, e.g., Titers, Physicals etc. (if required by the contract or state) of healthcare providers ensuring the correct forms are sent to the candidate/employee. Providing instruction in a timely manner, to ensure all information is returned as promptly as possible and forwarded to the customer, timely and accurately.
- Runs monthly reports on all employees who will have titers, etc. which are ready to expire within the next 3 months and follows up with the COVID Director of Quality and Control and employee to ensure we receive updated health assessment information for our records.
- Manages all activities associated with Healthcare COVID project credentialing on-boarding processes. The credentialing and health assessment packets are to be submitted as soon as possible to the customer.
- Participate in the development of internal credentialing processes.
- Provides administrative logs, when appropriate, ensuring the integrity of the company's data is following HIPAA regulations of privacy.
- Ensure that the personnel are properly trained, licensed and certified as mandated by state and federal regulations.
- Review information on potential new employees to make sure all required licenses and credentials are current before hiring.
- Meets and maintains HIPAA regulations in regard to Protected Health Information
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- knowledge about the regulations and standards required to achieve and maintain licensure and other credentials.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations, Joint Commission Standards required.
- Experience with medical staff and credentialing software.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. College degree is preferred.
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) certification is required.
- Minimum of two years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
LTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.