The Licensing Specialist processes license requests for Physicians and other medical providers. The Licensing Specialist will partner with internal teams, providers and state medical Boards to assist in obtaining state licenses for medical providers. Responsible for compiling required documents, researching necessary information and interacting with licensing boards and physicians to obtain licenses in states where providers may be places on assignment.
- Compiles documents, researches and verifies provider backgrounds, acts as a liaison between medical board and providers obtaining updates on the status of applications and reporting progress.
- Requests and verifies documentation and information pertaining to provider credentials and certifications for licensure.
- Communicates with boards regarding licensure qualifications and specific licensing questions and updates state profiles accordingly.
- Interact professionally with state licensing boards, teammates, physicians, representatives and internal teams.
- Effectively manage large amounts of information and documentation.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all physician files.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory and state medical boards.
- Monitor healthcare certifications and licenses to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Maintains accurate physician and health professional information in licensing databases.
- Creates reports using the licensure database as requested.
- Identifies discrepancies in information and conducting follow-ups.
- Completes providers licensing and licensure renewal applications; monitors applications and follows-up as needed. Advise staff on renewal procedures to complete process.
- Develops and implements methods for successful retrieval of necessary document.
- Maintain an in depth knowledge of licensure requirements for individual states
- Communicating and responding in a timely and effective manner on issues.
- Runs monthly reports on all employees who will have licenses which are ready to expire within the next 3 months and follows up with COVID Director of Quality and Control and employee to ensure receipt of updated license for our records.
- Manages all activities associated with project health assessment, e.g., Titers, Physicals etc. (if required by the contract or state) of healthcare providers ensuring the correct forms are sent to the candidate/employee. Providing instruction in a timely manner, to ensure all information is returned as promptly as possible and forwarded to the customer, timely and accurately.
- Runs monthly reports on all employees who will have titers, etc. which are ready to expire within the next 3 months and follows up with the COVID Director of Quality and Control and employee to ensure we receive updated health assessment information for our records.
- Manages all activities associated with Healthcare COVID project credentialing on-boarding processes. The licensure and health assessment packets are to be submitted as soon as possible to the customer.
- Tracks and manages required trainings and certifications for RNs, CMAs and others on COVID and Vaccination projects. Follow up with missing information to ensure compliance.
- Participates in the development of internal licensing processes.
- Provides administrative logs, when appropriate, ensuring the integrity of the company's data is following HIPAA regulations of privacy.
- Ensure that the personnel are properly trained, licensed and certified as mandated by state and federal regulations.
- Review information on potential new employees to make sure all required licenses and certifications are current before hiring.
- Meets and maintains HIPAA regulations in regard to Protected Health Information
- Oher projects assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) certification is strongly preferred
- At least one year work experience in Medical Licensing is preferred.
- Experience in a fast paced team environment that requires decision making and problem solving.
- Minimum of two years of related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
LTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.