LTS is seeking a Lead Photographer to support our National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) client in Springfield, VA leading the development, planning, and organization of the overall technical photographic aspects of assignments. You will be able to use your imagination and creative ability to implement NGA objectives within the capabilities and limitations of cameras and equipment.
- Leads the development, planning, and organization of the overall technical photographic aspects of assignments in collaboration with officials who are responsible for project substance to meet the requirements.
- Plans and organizes the overall technical photographic coverage for a variety of events and developments and improvises photographic methods and techniques or selects and alters secondary photographic features (e.g. scenes, backgrounds, colors, lighting).
- May exercise limited control over the substance of events to be photographed by staging actions, suggesting behavior of the principals, and rehearsing activities before photographs are taken.
- Works with the Program Manager to select and manage professional talent.
- Provide high quality, professional digital photography to include both portrait and on-scene photography.
- On-scene photography can involve, but not limited to, accident investigations, building maintenance, events, award ceremonies, group photos, and photo-journalism. Proper caption writing techniques shall be required for all photographs.
- Processing and tagging photographs with appropriate metadata.
- Captioning and posting photographs.
- Scrubbing digital files of errant metadata before release.
- 10 years’ of relevant experience in the career field of photography.
- Demonstrated experience with the following cameras: Nikon D700 Digital Camera; Nikon D3 and D3X Digital Cameras; Nikon D810 Digital Camera; All Nikon Camera Lenses.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly.
- Working knowledge of NGA and/or Intelligence Community is highly desired.