Human Resources Coordinator
The HR Coordinator is a member of a cross-functional team, who carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: tracking of training, assisting with the following: processing of separations, policy implementation, assist with new hire employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance. The HR Coordinator will report to the Director of HR and will work collaboratively with other HR team members and all levels of management to implement HR policies, practices and procedures.
LTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
The Human Resource Coordinator aids with and facilitates the human resource processes. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including new hire processing and orientation, record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry. This position may be remote, but individual must work business hours for Eastern Standard Time zone.
- Helps ensure compliance with EEO, ADA, FMLA, FLSA, USERRA, ERISA and other state and federal employment laws.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Enters and processes new hires into system, sends out communication and coordinates first day entry.
- Conducts new hire orientation and facilitates onboarding.
- Responsible for uploading and maintaining employee files and related documents in HRIS.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 and employee files.
- Responsible for collection and tracking of employee training.
- Responsible for employee change requests
- Assists with processing terminations/separations of employees.
- Updates documents in ADP as needed for compliance and information.
- Assists with resume tracking and compliance.
- May assist with processing verification of employment requests.
- May assist with reconciliation of monthly benefits statements.
- May assist in facilitation and coordination of open enrollment,
- May assist with processing required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Assists with other ad hoc related projects or assignments from time to time
- Assists with conducting audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work additional hours during surge periods
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a basic understanding of compliance requirements related to Section 125, ERISA, HIPAA and COBRA and federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work additional hours during surge periods (open enrollment, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience or knowledge of Government Contracting preferred
- Experience or knowledge of hourly workforce is preferred.
- Experience with a multi-state employer is strongly preferred
- Must have experience with a HRMS or HRIS --ADP WFN experience is strongly preferred
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree and/or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years related experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.