Elastic Search System Architect-SME
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At LTS, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement. Currently, LTS is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Elasticsearch Systems Architect SME, to join our team in the Chantilly, Virginia, area.
**Required Clearance: TS/SCI CI Poly**
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for working with the technical team to design, document, build, secure, and maintain Elastic Stack Enterprise solutions (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, and Beats) deployed in the Cloud or on-premise to support federal agency production deployments.
- Work closely with architects, engineers, developers, and integrators to assess customer requirements and to design and support Elastic Stack solutions.
- Configure and maintain Linux based Operating Systems in support of the Elasticsearch products (to include product version upgrades).
- Participate in group sessions as well as attend and share in agile sprint daily meetings to track progress and ensure development of solutions is in support of the customer requirements.
- Serve as a trusted advisor, providing subject matter expertise, guidance, and best practice recommendations.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interface.
- Recommend enhancements and modifications to optimize business intelligence processes.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the fields of computer science, computer engineering, or any related field and 7 years of related experience.
- Experience with engineering and administrating the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats) in production at scale (multi-node clusters, hot/warm/cold architectures, index lifecycle management, snapshots, etc.).
- Experience managing Linux hosts (CentOS / RHEL 7.X preferred), to include securing to defined baselines (such as NIST 800-53, DISA STIGs, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience using NoSQL and related solutions.
- Experience with data lifecycle management, to include common ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) techniques, preferably with Logstash and Beats.
- Experience planning and integrating data schemas and KQL / Lucene query syntax.
- Experience developing custom visualizations (preferably in Kibana) to convey business analytics of value to customers.
- Experience with automated configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack) and containers/orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes), and version control systems (GitHub, GitLab).
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with implementation of and challenges with message queue technologies, such as Apache or Confluent Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.
- Proficiency with programming and scripting concepts, preferably in Python, for custom development and integrations.
- Strong networking background with analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills to effectively resolve problems both in development and production.
- Experience working in DevOps structured and Agile organizations.
- Experience with Kubernetes, specifically ECK is a plus.
- Experience with RMF process is a plus.
- Must possess the required DoD Directive 8570 IAT Level II or higher certification.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management, and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.