LTS is looking for a full time Principal Software Developer for our Chantilly Virginia location:
**Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI CI Poly**
Principal Software Developer
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At LTS, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement. Currently, LTS is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Principal Software Developer to join our team in the Chantilly, VA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute software development tasks/assignments while working as an integral member of an enterprise cybersecurity cloud engineering division supporting multiple teams and cybersecurity systems. Activities associated with this responsibility varies widely and is generally associated the sofuvare programming to include, not limited to, server-less development, testing, bug/defect resolution, coding, design, customization and documentation of micro services, creating/developing new cloud service patterns, scripting, data management/ enrichment, consolidation of metadata, user-interface development, container (e.g. K8s) integration & design, encrypting data at rest & in transit
- Technically integrate/tailor/engineer/design and maintain cybersecurity relevant features & capabilities using well-known cloud vendor capabilities/services/platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Azure, Oracle Cloud) and 3 rd party vendor cloud products to align & support NIST cybersecurity framework (Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, Recover) customer mission goals.
- Integrate cloud security solutions with existing on premise operational cybersecurity platforms (e.g. SIEM systems, elastic system, and data lake asset).
- Overall desire to automate sundry of cybersecurity-related workflows, develop solution patterns with cloud-managed resources & features, implement automated solution(s) where feasible related to Security-Orchestration-Automation-and-Response (SOAR), and deploy & maintain solutions enabling cyber operations monitoring teams.
- Provide data analytics support and data science subject matter expertise for specialized cybersecurity applications and big data analytical systems.
- Provide inputs, participate, and assist with architecture design and documentation.
- Execute between a blend of Agile, ITIL, and/or general waterfall based delivery framework approaches depending on t11e specific project activity or enterprise security service.
- As technically needed, interact with stakeholder, customer, and data consuming team(s) to turn cyber data into action with intelligent analytics and clear insights, define input requirements to support data models, and final outputs for quick analysis and summary reporting for actions.
- Execute and meet software programming work obligations through self-sufficient work habits, meeting deadlines, supporting required technical meetings, and assigned development work.
- Occasionally lead or brief in-depth technical meetings providing subject matter expertise when needed.
- Demonstrate ability to pivot between work assignments in a small (2-3 person), high performance team based on fast-pace customer prioritization needs.
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 7 years of related experience; or master's degree with 3-5 years of experience
- D0D8570 certified at minimum IAT Level II
- Minimum of 7 years of Node.js (minimum version 12) or Python (minimum version 3.6)
- Minimum of 5 years of Linux scripting, Bash
- Minimum of 3 years of Git, Gitlab, developing with continuous integration-continuous delivery (Cl/CD) pipeline
- Solid foundation in software programming within Cl-CD pipeline and associated industry best-practices.
- Solid foundation in software programming integrating data protection / encrypt-decrypt capabilities to support data confidentiality and integrity requirements.
- Mature understanding of data asset types through discovery, description and organization of datasets.
- Experience setting up and supporting various IDEs needed to support work tasks.
- Experience with installation and administration of COTS applications on RHEL and/ or CentOS Linux
- Ability to provide development support to the emerging requirements of event ingest and transformation into a common data schema for consistent data analytic search capabilities.
- Experience in design and development of Elastic Beats or Logstasll configurations to enable the data collection to either accept or extract data from an audit generation system such as an application database, file or syslog stream
- Ability to establish and implement a Data Governance Workflow focusing primarily on meta data, data sources, data quality, policies and procedures. stream
- Minimum of 3 years developing/implementing/deploying solutions associated with:
- Server-less solution in Amazon Web Services (AWS) incorporating CloudFormatlon, SAM CU, lambda, Eventbridge, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, S3, 1AM policies & roles, VPC endpoints, AWS Service-Linked Roles (SLRs)
- Leveraging AWS CodeBuild, CodeCommit CodeDeploy, CodePipeline
- AWS-managed security services (e.g. Security Hub, Config, GuardDuty, Inspector, Macie, Detective. 1AM Access-Analyzer, CloudTrail),
- AWS Systems Manager (SSM).
- AWS or Azure Solutions Architect certified
- Experience in automation and server-less solution architecting development in Azure.
- Experience in automation and server-less solution architecting development in Oracle Cloud.
- Experience with streaming data tools and software, such as Apache or Confluent Kafka
- Experience with Data Integration, Data Engineering and Data Lake implementations using ETL, Big Data and Cloud Technology.
- Experience with JIRA Confluence
- Familiarity with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) software
- Experience with Container Services like Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to create dashboard content and visualizations to demonstrate the ability to provide actionable intelligence, e.g., leverage machine learning (ML) makes the enterprise cyber data more easily consumable, to identify uncommon characteristics of a dataset and ensure a better/'fuller use of cyber data
Security Clearance Requirements:
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.