LTS is seeking a Campus Nurse to join our team in Spartanburg, SC
LTS is an acknowledged and award-winning multi-ISO/CMMI Level 3 appraised business focused on delivering first-class solutions to solve our clients’ unique challenges in providing quality healthcare and security to our nation.
We are currently, seeking motivated Campus Nurse who will be focused on student patient care and serving the community.
LTS is committed to offering eligible employees a rewarding career path as well as competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Job Summery: The Campus Nurse will review and create school health care policies, monitor health care standards, research local trends, create education material, perform health screenings, provide medical care to students and faculty members, and monitor trending health care issues.
- Provide confidential, in-depth personal health counseling
- Refer students to physicians, nurse practitioners, or other healthcare providers in the community in the community, when needed
- Be available for walk-ins and scheduled student appointment
- Povide professional nursing care to sick and injured students
- Make independent nursing assessments regarding illnesses and emergency situations according to established policies and guidelines
- Administer first aid & CPR, when needed
- Respond to campus medical emergencies and provide basic emergency care according to established procedures
- Administer immunization injections/other injections, antigen testing (i.e. strep testing/STD testing and other types of testing to include blook work samples and send off to lab for testing
- Screen for vision and hearing problems
- Dispense OTC medication according to established procedures and refer to community partner for any prescriptions needed
- Safely handle and dispose of hazardous waste according to protocol
- Organize and oversee clinic
- Prepare students for off-campus medical examinations, if required to be seen by a doctor or nurse practitioner in the community
- Assist with examinations and treatment as directed
- Maintain accurate confidential health record and statistics
- Record lab work performed, and medications administered
- Provide essential information to appropriate staff
- Prepare accident and liability forms as needed
- Report suspected abuse, molestation, and neglect in accordance with legal requirements to the appropriate individuals on campus
- Plan, research, organize and implement health education material and campus health promotion events, in collaboration with the Assistant Dean of Campus Health and Wellness
- Communicate with students, staff and the public to obtain and provide health-related information, make referrals and explain a variety of policies, procedures, rules and regulations concerning healthcare services
- Assist in creating and updating policies and procedures for health services and related topics
- Implement applications and correspondence for medication assistance programs, treatment, and lab follow-up
- Organize and tabulate statistical reports, as needed
- Maintain and order medical clinic supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of discerning facts from opinions and remaining objective when listening to conflicting opinions.
- Experienced in working with diverse population.
- Possess good time management skills needed to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to successfully achieve goals.
- Patience, perseverance, and resilience in a challenging environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Bachelor’s required, Master’s Degree preferred in Patient Care or closely related field. *
- Five (5) years experience patient care.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Actively practicing with minimum experience of 5 years.
- Medical terminology Experience.
- Ability to administer anterior nasal swabs for COVID-19 testing.
- Ability to create a caring, compassionate relationship with the patients and families.
- Ability to collaborate with the healthcare team while providing care.
- Ability to adhere to testing protocols.
- Ability to create patient registration forms and verify for accuracy.
- Ability to adhere to safety and infection control protocols.
- Expertise in handling sophisticated medical equipment.
- Providing triage such as patient vital signs and documentation.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays and on-call duty.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work outside for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform job duties while, sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform job duties while wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) including mask, face shield, gown, and gloves in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Ability to use lifting motion over and below waist from 15lbs-20 lbs. without assistance.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases and occupational dangers such as needle pricks and outdoor inclement weather.
LTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.