The Project Controller position is responsible for the accounting operations of the LTS Health Division, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the Division's reported financial results.
The role of Project Controller position is to provide accurate and timely analysis of all financial planning activities and provide recommendations to senior management team to realize the strategic goals of the business. This position plays a key role in steering the future growth of the Division.
- Eligible candidate should be a Certified Public Accountant, have a bachelor's degree in accounting and have 8+ years of experience working in public or corporate accounting.
- Ability to work in a hands-on environment.
- Strong leadership skills and self-motivated orientation.
- Ability to drive to completion multiple projects at a given time.
- Ability and desire to learn new software systems.
- Exceptional Excel Spreadsheet skills; advanced knowledge of Pivot tables, data modeling, and working with other advanced Excel formulas.
- Experience with inventory accounting.
- Analyzing manufacuring operations equipment availability, and utilization
- Performing month-end cost accounting close.
- Knowledge of advanced query tools such as Power Query.
- Experience with inventory accounting.
- Knowledge of PowerBi.
- Experience in manufacturing.
Job is remote, however, if applicant is in the Columbus, OH area or Herndon, VA area, in person collaboration with team members will be encouraged. Occasional out-of-town travel may be required. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Reporting to the LTS Health Operations Business Manager and LTS Chief Financial Officer, the controller will be responsible for oversight of finance and accounting activities for the LTS Health Division including but not limtied to Month End Close, Foreasting, Budgeting, Cash Management, Inventory Management, and Financial Variance analysis.
- Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the Company’s financial status.
- Assist the Operations Business Manager & CFO during the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Manage division cash flow forecasting by extracting pertinent estimates from the program managers and others to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and assist the CFO in establishing finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
- Work with project managers to develop and track project financial forecasts and their associated variances to plan and prior forecasts.
- Enhance, refine and maintain EAC financial models (Excel) to capture current actual and estimated future profit and loss (P&L) performance results.
- Establish and maintain processes to analyze current, past and future project profitability performance (revenue, direct cost and expense) versus Plan and prior forecast projections.
- In collaboration with the Corporate Controller and for each active project, present month-end closing entries to:
- Accrue for all unposted project costs and recognize revenues consistent with established Company practices.
- Summarize and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner that clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual project P&L performance.
- Develop and maintain a regular, repeatable, reporting process to keep senior leadership abreast of the Company’s project P&L financial status.
- Prepare and analyze EAC financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial information that identifies operating variances beyond acceptable established tolerances.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis, and prepare presentations for Senior Management, as required.
LTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.