LTS is looking for a full time Senior Principal Cyber Security Engineer for our Chantilly, VA. location.
Senior Principal Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Chantilly VA.
**Required Clearance: TS/SCI CI Poly**
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At LTS, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, LTS is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Cyber Security Engineer, Senior Principal, to join our team in the Chantilly, VA, area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform tasks and complete customer requests using the ServiceNow delivery platform.
- Resolve incident tickets issued through ServiceNow.
- On-board customer’s assets consisting of operating systems, applications and network devices in multiple enclaves.
- Participate in Beta-testing future enhancements to the Audit Enterprise system and provide valuable feedback.
- Lead the exploration of emerging technologies by arranging demonstrations, providing technical evaluations, and input to the customer's roadmap development.
- Manage the engineering, integration, and administration support required for successful delivery of capabilities and services to the operational baseline.
- Assist the Program/Project engineers in testing and implementing future enhancements.
- Utilize, evaluate and update all engineer instruction sets and SOPs.
- Ability to learn and perform the testing of sophisticated Audit SIEM platform applications in a physical and virtual environment.
- Perform various Linux and Windows systems administration tasks related to the operational system.
- Verification and validation that the segments are operating as desired, audit events are being processed, metrics generation, and ensuring that all required systematic audit events are being accomplished.
- Operate and multitask in a dynamic high tempo environment.
- Perform the engineering, integration, and administration support required for successful delivery of capabilities and services to the operational baseline.
- Perform work duties in a government environment as part of a multi-contractor team.
- Facilitate the enablement, collection, and verification of customer data within SIEM tools.
- Develop SIEM search queries to support Enterprise Audit service requirements.
- Ability to learn custom audit solutions with advanced parsing techniques.
- Lead and coordinate Beta-testing future enhancements to the Audit Enterprise system and provide valuable feedback.
- Minimum Education: B.S. or relevant experience in related field.
- Minimum/General Experience: 5-7 years of related experience.
- Must possess the required DoD Directive 8570.1 IAT Level II or higher certification or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and in team environments and be able to take on tasks quickly with minimal direction.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and troubleshooting skills with a high level of attention to detail are required to succeed in this diverse environment.
- Should be able to demonstrate understanding and appropriate application of DoD policy and technical security guidance to information systems.
- A good understanding of Linux and Windows systems administration, general operating system security practices, TCP/IP networking, and network security concepts is required.
- Familiarity with the Certification & Accreditation process is preferable but not required.
- Ability to learn and comprehend from provided training in an individual contributor and team capacity.
- Splunk Certifications.
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms, preferable Splunk.
- Experience with Linux, Windows Server and workstations, Red Hat and CentOS.
- Cloud environment experience and/or certifications.
- Ability to modify feed creation to ingest customer logs in a standard format to meet policy requirements.
- Familiarization with ICS 500-27 for Audit collection requirements.
- Familiarization with other Enterprise security services Host Base Security Service, and Enterprise Vulnerability Scanning Service, and UAM.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas for executive – level as well as technical staff consumption.
- Analytical capability to look for and provide input on process improvements.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.