LTS is a leading information technology (IT) provider for mission critical systems leveraging the latest technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions from small mobile applications to large, complex enterprise applications. Our professionals specialize in multiple disciplines including program management, system integration, system design, system development, cybersecurity, infrastructure and data analytics.
LTS is seeking an experienced Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager is responsible for overseeing and supervising the organization’s payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately and in compliance with government regulations. This individual will also be responsible for developing, documenting and implementing best practices as we continue to grow. Payroll is processed semi-monthly for over 475 employees. Multi-state payroll experience is REQUIRED.
The Payroll Manager must have extensive experience using and understanding the organization’s payroll and timekeeping systems in compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Experience with ADP and Deltek Costpoint is required.
- Responsible for all payroll processes and documentation. Maintains all payroll records and reconciliations, in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assures proper tax treatment, accounting, and disposition of withholdings such taxes, benefits deductions, garnishments, and retirement and health savings contributions.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, taxes and other deductions.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, state and local payroll, wage and hour laws, and best practices.
- Review, prepare and present payroll information for external auditors based on audit inquiries and requests.
- Provide support to Sr. Leadership as needed including annual salary budget preparation.
- Create, maintain SOPs and written payroll guidelines, and updates policies and procedures.
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems and procedures.
- Serve as primary contract for resolving issues with employees, managers, and outside vendors about all payroll and timekeeping matters.
- Continuously improve processes, systems, and controls to drive improved efficiency and effectiveness of payroll functions.
- Interface with internal and external partners to implement systems and process modifications.
- Respond to employees’ inquiries in a timely manner for all Payroll related items.
- Research, investigate, and resolve discrepancies prior to Payroll processing.
- Provide guidance, training, and feedback to others on payroll related processes.
- Maintain positive work environment
- Support ad hoc projects and initiatives.
- Ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with a multi-state employer (20+ states) for processing payroll, including terminations deadlines and payout deadlines.
- Experience processing 3rd party sick pay.
- Experience processing military differential pay or other differential pay.
- Experience processing HSA contributions and uploads.
- Experience doing manual adjustments/corrections/reimbursements to deductions.
- Strong understanding of company benefits and subsequent deductions.
- Strong understanding of HSA and FSA deduction timelines as it relates to semi-monthly deductions.
- Must have experience managing PTO and sick time accruals.
- Experience with calculating overtime, double time calculations, shift differential calculations and understanding overtime requirements for different states.
- Experience with calculating bonus payments.
- Experience processing and calculating retro-pay or partial pay.
- Experience processing pay orders such as child support, spousal support, benefits, etc.
- Experience running out of cycle (special) payroll runs.
- Experience and understanding payroll taxes and corrections.
- Experience updating payroll records by reviewing and processing ADP notifications and changes for employees who change states, counties affecting tax deductions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with HR to process multiple types of Leave of Absences and subsequent deduction changes associated with the LOA.
- Ability to self-monitor for accuracy of payroll information and reporting systems.
- Proficient in ADP Workforce Now, Deltek Time and Expense, Deltek GCS or Costpoint.
- In depth knowledge of Multi State tax filings and reconciliations.
- Ability to maintain records, including filing and data entry.
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to details.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks, strong professional communication, and collaborative teamwork.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral) with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the company.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of proper protocol to ensure confidentiality of personnel records.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Prior experience managing at least one direct report.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to push, pull and lift maximum of 25 pounds (office supplies, files etc.).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
LTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.