Military Systems Specialist IV - Systems Administrator II (GCCS)
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is for an installation technician for GCCS-M/J implementation, maintenance, and site support. The duties will include providing system engineering services such as troubleshooting of technical issues, distance support, and implementation of solutions for hardware, software, system interfaces and network issues. The successful candidate will have GCCS-M/J specific knowledge of system engineering for on-site maintenance/site support processes and will bring system troubleshooting excellence to the Geodesicx team of engineering professionals. Candidate must be motivated, adaptable and enthusiastic about providing GCCS-M/J technical support to our US Navy Fleet customers (Ashore and Afloat).
- Responsibilities will include software installation of GCCS-M Increment I and II systems onboard U.S. Naval vessels, and Ashore for Program of Record (POR) and Non-POR sites CONUS and OCONUS.
- Installations will include new GCCS builds including Force Level (FL), Group Level (GL), and Unit Level (UL). Installation will be performed using the appropriate installation procedures (IP) and applicable MSUs (Multiple Security Update).
- The install will include installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of GCCS-M Increment I and II software to achieve fully operational system functionality.
- This may include GCCS systems operating on Solaris 10, Solaris 11, Windows 2003, Windows 2008 Server and Windows 7 platforms, in a Domain Naming Service (DNS), Windows (WIN) and/or Active Directory environment.
- During installation, a requirement may also be to provide ship's force with system familiarity training, to include references for installing software, performing routine maintenance and troubleshooting the GCCS-M systems.
- Providing system engineering services for GCCS-M/J implementation, maintenance, and site support.
- Providing installation and system upgrade support for GCCS-M/J systems.
- Supporting the operation and administration of heterogeneous C4I networks consisting of PCs, workstations, servers, Local Area Networks (LANs), and communications devices.
- Supporting the Maritime GCCS-M/J Family of Systems (MGF) Product Support Team (PST) and Help Desk (distance support team).
- Conducting system audits and pre-deployment system checkouts of GCCS-M/J in support of a readiness posture, resolving any system discrepancies.
- Providing system engineering services to include troubleshooting and documentation of issues and implementing solutions for hardware, software, interfaces and network issues for the following C4I systems, subsystems, and components:
- AN/USQ-119, 153, 172, or similar Navy computer hardware systems
- AN/USQ- 183, 184, 187, or similar Navy computer hardware systems
- AN-USQ-208(v1) CANES system or similar Navy computer hardware systems
- GCCS-J 4.3.X baseline
- GCCS-J 6.X.X baseline
- GCCS-J I3 4.3 baseline
- GCCS-J I3 6.X.X baseline
- GCCS-M 4.1 Group Level baselines
- GCCS-M 4.1 Force Level baselines
- COMPOSE 3.0.x, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.1
- ATCA Blade server technologies
- Oracle and NetApp storage arrays and systems
- Virtualization technologies
- Network switching and routing technologies
- Serial I/O and multiplexer technologies
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Five to ten years' experience analyzing and providing GCCS-M/J system engineering services to include troubleshooting and documentation of issues and implementing solutions for hardware, software, interfaces and network issues C4I systems, subsystems, and components
- Excellent attention to detail, time management skills, analytical skills, and an ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment in order to ensure deadlines and standards of quality are met
- Be able to travel up to 50%
- Travel locations may include: Yokosuka and Sasebo, Japan; Manama, Bahrain; Dubai, UAE; Pearl Harbor, HI; Everett, WA; Mayport, FL; Rota, Spain; and San Diego, CA
- CompTIA Security+ / Sec+
- Two Operating Systems Certifications (Unix, Linux, Windows)
- Must be able to meet IAT Level II
- Secret Clearance required upon hire
(Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information)
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS :
- A technical degree is desired and/or 12 plus years of related technical experience
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE
Geodesicx, Inc. is a ISO 9001, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business headquartered in Chesapeake, VA. Geodesicx is a premier C5ISR integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions to our customers at the local, state, and federal level.