Engineer Technician III
Geodesicx, Inc. is seeking an Engineer Technician III capable of performing a variety of engineering/technical tasks, including but not limited to equipment repair, cabling, inspections, installations, modifications, and maintenance of electrical/electronic systems, circuits, and equipment. Candidate should be a proficient C5ISR system installer with prior practical experience with Department of Defense, Coast Guard, and/or major commercial telecommunications services or equipment provider. Must be able to interpret specifications, drawings, and blueprints. Position will be based out of Chesapeake, VA with travel required to various work sites throughout the region.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to understand and comply with drawings completed in accordance with the SPAWAR/NIWC Afloat Installation Process Handbook
- Highly skilled and experienced in the safe and efficient operation of common installation power and hand tools including hand-held saws, drills, hole punches, levels, crimpers, fusion splicers, and conduit benders
- Skilled in the operation of all commonly used installation test equipment, including spectrum analyzers, voltmeters, VSWR meters, Bit-Error Rate Test Sets, and Category 5e/6 cable testers
- Expert in attaching fiber optic connectors, RJ-45 connectors, and DB type connectors, and when dressing cable installations so that the finished product presents a well-organized and professional appearance
- Maintain a consistent record of good workmanship and compliance to standards
- Extract and compile a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc.
- Work with a team supporting cabling, equipment, and C5ISR installations
- Must be able to work in high heat, confined spaces, climb shipyard and dry dock ladders/stairs, work in a kneeling position for cable layouts under false decking, and lift up to 50 pounds
Experience: At least eight (08) years as an installer of C5ISR equipment for the Department of Defense, Coast Guard and/or major telecommunications services/equipment provider. At least four (04) of the 8 years must include C5ISR installations in support of the Department of Defense/Coast Guard and at least two (02) of the 8 years must include U.S. Navy C5ISR installations.
Education: Associates degree in related engineering field preferred.
- CPR certification
- BICSI Installer I certification
- ASNT NDT III certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass background check for access to Shipyards and/or Naval Bases
- Must be a U.S. citizen (U.S. Government contract requirement)