Engineer Technician I
Geodesicx, Inc. is seeking an Engineer Technician I capable of performing a variety of engineering/technical tasks, including but not limited to equipment repair, cabling, inspections, installations, modifications, and maintenance of electrical/electronic systems, circuits, and equipment. Candidate should be a proficient C5ISR system installer with prior practical experience with Department of Defense, Coast Guard, and/or major commercial telecommunications services or equipment provider.
Skills and Abilities:
- Familiar with NAVSEA standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of electronics repair, fabrication, and installation
- Ability to follow assembly drawings and instructions, including Cable Running Sheets
- Installation of electronic equipment, ducts, cableways, cables, and high-density cable connectors
- Assemble cable harnesses – soldering with low voltage soldering devices and coaxial connectors
- Assemble small mechanical parts in accordance with fabrication/assembly drawings
- Maintain a consistent record of good workmanship and compliance with standards
- Work with a team supporting cabling, equipment, and C5ISR installations
- Must be able to work in high heat, confined spaces, climb shipyard and dry dock ladders/stairs, work in a kneeling position for cable layouts under false decking, and lift up to 50 pounds
Experience: Three years in a related field.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass background check for access to Shipyards and/or Naval Bases
- Must be a U.S. citizen (U.S. Government contract requirement)