Allnorth is a multidisciplinary engineering and technical services consulting company servicing clients in the Mining, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure and Pulp & Paper sectors. With offices across Canada and the USA, Allnorth has an entrepreneurial spirit that allows us to be responsive to our clients. Allnorth’s motivated team delivers innovative, practical solutions that fulfill project needs and fit within the reality of our clients’ budgets. Our business model of local offices allows us to deliver the best service in our industry and foster successful client relationships.
Allnorth is seeking an experienced project engineer to join our team based out of our Nanaimo office. The Project Engineer will provide support to Project Managers in all areas of project planning, design, and management to ensure delivery of high quality projects. At times, you may be asked to function as an overall Project Manager for small to medium size projects.
Please note this position is based out of our Nanaimo office therefore candidates must be local or willing to relocate to the Nanaimo area.
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary engineering and design activities of the project
- Support Project Managers with development and management of scope, budget, schedule and quality for assigned projects
- Support the development of project scope, proposal, estimate, and change notices
- Review specifications, drawings, and test reports to ensure high quality design
- Assist and coordination of the development of procurement and contracting documents, including Request for Quotations, Technical Bid Evaluations, Engineering Work Packages
- Coordinating Allnorth Design activities with contractors and vendors
- Coordinating of Project Capital Cost Estimates
- Support development of engineering-procurement-construction schedules
- Assist in preparation of required project status reports
- Facilitate the multi-discipline engineering coordination via squad checks and peer reviews
- Ensure the project execution plan and quality management plan are adhered to
- Assist with execution planning, including site logistics and temporary infrastructure
- Attend and provide constructive participation in project meetings
- Ensure overall quality control of engineering work and report all technical issues, decisions, and problems encountered on the project to the Project Manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Process / Mechanical / Civil / Structural / Electrical Engineering
- Registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of BC
- 4 to 6 years of related experience
- Some proposal management experience would be an asset
- Ability to prepare technical memorandums/study reports to justify a decision/action forward
- Knowledge of and able to use effective approaches for choosing an economic course of action or develop appropriate solutions and/or reach conclusions. Able to take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences
- Able to understand a customer’s business and issues and develop attractive proposals to enhance value to their business and / or solve specific problems in a cost effective manner
- Occasional travel (up to 40%) is required, sometimes on short notice. Durations typically less week, but could extend to a month
What We Offer
Allnorth is dedicated to its Triple Bottom Line of People, Clients & Partners and Profitability. Empowered and motivated employees are the source of our success and the basis for our growth. We’re proud of our team and committed to providing opportunities for employees to develop both personally and professionally in addition to offering a competitive salary and benefits package. You won’t get lost in the numbers here, but rather enjoy positive guidance as you learn, grow and create an impact. Now is an exciting time to join the Allnorth team. Apply today!
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.