Responsible for construction inspection of various transportation, water/wastewater, and public works projects. Under the supervision of the Resident Engineer, the successful candidate will perform monitoring, inspection and coordination of Construction management and quality assurance inspection as noted below. This position will provide services for the following areas, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County, Santa Clarita, Carpinteria and Oxnard. Part-time to full-time availability.
- Serves the on-site construction inspection representative.
- Monitors and facilitates construction schedule and progress.
- Implements construction Quality Assurance management procedures.
- Coordinates sampling and testing of construction materials.
- Assists Resident Engineer with coordination of construction staking and surveying.
- Performs grade checks and construction layout verification.
- Calculates and documents construction item quantities.
- Reads and interprets plans, specifications and other construction documents.
- Monitors and documents all construction equipment, personnel and activities.
- Monitors, coordinates and enforces construction compliance with contract documents, safety regulations and environmental documents.
- Facilitates safety meetings and other team meetings.
- Communicates and coordinates effectively with various contractors, departments, clients, and regulatory agencies.
Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ years progressively responsible experience in construction management and inspection of Public Works or Industrial facilities; or a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related field (preferred but not required).
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and OSHA safety regulations.
- Caltrans experience is a plus or use of Caltrans specs, processes and procedures.
- Transportation, earthwork and water/wastewater construction experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. CPM Scheduling software is a plus.
- Professional certifications by recognized inspection agencies (ICC, ACI, AWS, QSP, Caltrans, etc.) highly preferred.