CANNON’S CULTURE provides exciting opportunities for professional growth and outlets for team building. We strive to provide opportunity for personal growth and a balance between personal and professional life. Not only do we work together, but we also enjoy spending time together outside of work. We work hard. We play hard. We have fun.
FOR 44 YEARS, we have provided creative solutions to clients in the energy industry, water resources, public infrastructure, and commercial and residential development. With offices throughout California, we continue to grow!
Responsible for project management, preparing engineering reports and analyses, design and preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a variety of clients and great Public Works projects. Assignments may include mentoring less-experienced team members on AutoCAD Civil 3D. In this role, the Project Manager may also be responsible for obtaining new business (seller-doer).
- Concurrently manages a variety of civil engineering Public Works projects.
- Tracks project scope, budgets and schedules to ensure fulfillment of contract commitments and profitability.
- Effectively manages quality assurance and quality control.
- Uses technical knowledge to prepare PS&E for transportation (roadway and intersection widening, street rehab, streetscape improvements, complete streets, etc.), storm drain (hydrology and hydraulics), water quality BMPs, sanitary sewer, and water pipelines.
- Primary interface with clients on project coordination and design and follow-up to ensure quality standards are met, efficiency levels are maintained, and client satisfaction, respect and confidence are assured.
- Directs/mentors project engineers and design engineers on technical matters and procedures and acts as a technical resource to staff.
- Establishes and fosters client relations and develops letter proposals (scope, schedule and fee estimates).
Qualifications and Skills
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering from an accredited college.
- Requires minimum 8 years’ experience in civil engineering specifically pertaining to Public Works projects.
- Requires minimum 2 years’ of project management experience pertaining to Public Works projects.
- Requires a California P.E. license.
- Working knowledge of typical computer software programs used in civil engineering design (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Hydrology and Hydraulic, AES, WSPG, Flowmaster, etc.)
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite.
- A proven track record and strong desire of providing superior client service and delivery.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time within budget.
- Experience in staff management, mentoring and resource management a plus.