Assists team members with a variety of engineering tasks on a wide range of Public Works projects. Assignments may include experienced team members on AutoCAD Civil 3D, alignments, profiles, cross sections and corridor design, and representing the company in coordinating with agencies, clients, and other consultants. Manages various scopes of a project.
- Manages scope a variety of civil engineering Public Works projects.
- Manages phases of the engineering work on a specific part of a major project or a total project of moderate scope.
- Completes moderately complex projects effectively.
- Supports project managers in tasks related to developing and maintaining budgets, schedules, scopes, and work plans.
- Analyzes and prepares recommendations for engineering issues.
- Works directly with a client on project matters.
- Designs and prepares PS&E on a variety of civil engineering Public Works projects.
- Prepares engineering plans, designs, estimates, and specifications for a variety of public works projects and complete projects effectively.
- Solves engineering problems, utilizing a variety of civil engineering techniques.
- Uses technical knowledge to prepare PS&E for transportation (roadway and intersection widening, street rehab, streetscape improvements, complete streets, etc.), storm drain (hydrology and hydraulics), water quality BMPs, sanitary sewer and water pipelines.
- Performs calculations for hydrology and hydraulic analyses, earthwork, etc.
- Uses AutoCAD and standard office software such as word processing, spreadsheets and Adobe Acrobat.
- Performs design and prepares plans in AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Prepares project specifications in compliance with Greenbook or Caltrans standard specifications.
- Checks routine designs developed by engineers and/or technicians.
- Ensures plan check corrections are adequately addressed.
- Communicates effectively with various departments, clients, and agencies.
- Deals tactfully and courteously with the public, contractors, and representatives of other agencies in providing professional engineering assistance and information.
- Works independently or in a team environment as both a participate and as the team lead.
Qualifications and Skills
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college.
- Requires 5 years’ experience in civil engineering and design specifically pertaining to Public Works projects.
- California P.E. license required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Knowledgeable with code principles and able to convey them to others.