Responsible for construction inspection of various transportation, water/wastewater, and public works projects. Under the supervision of the Resident Engineer, the successful candidate will perform monitoring, inspection and coordination of Construction management and quality assurance inspection as noted below. Part-time to full-time availability.
- Serve as the on-site construction inspection representative.
- Monitor and facilitate construction schedule and progress.
- Implement construction Quality Assurance management procedures.
- Coordinate sampling and testing of construction materials.
- Assists Resident Engineer with coordination of construction staking and surveying.
- Perform grade checks and construction layout verification.
- Calculate and document construction item quantities.
- Read and interpret plans, specifications and other construction documents.
- Monitor and document all construction equipment, personnel and activities.
- Monitor, coordinate and enforce construction compliance with contract documents, safety regulations and environmental documents.
- Facilitate safety meetings and other team meetings.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with various contractors, departments, clients, and regulatory agencies.
Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ years progressively responsible experience in construction management and inspection of Public Works or Industrial facilities, or
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related field (preferred but not required).
- Transportation, earthwork and water/wastewater construction experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and OSHA safety regulations.
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment.
- Effective with personal time management and multi-tasking.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. CPM Scheduling software is a plus.
- Professional certifications by recognized inspection agencies (ICC, ACI, AWS, QSP, Caltrans, etc.) highly preferred.