Under minimal supervision of the Marketing Director, the Technical Writer / Proposal Coordinator assists with coordination, compilation, and final production of proposals, reports, papers, and awards.
- Assists with the analysis and interpretation of proposal compliance requirements.
- Works with a team to develop materials to meet proposal compliance requirements.
- Gathers all pertinent information and assembles into bound report-like document.
- Assists in the creation, editing, and updating of firm personnel resumes, project descriptions, and other needed firm information, including firm and team qualifications.
- Assists with teaming for proposals.
- Creates project organizational charts.
- Prepares project schedules using MSProject.
- Performs basic graphic design of proposal materials using InDesign.
- Follows-up with engineers regarding status of submitted proposals.
- Assists with consistency of style, formatting, and tone of written communications as well as proposals and reports.
- Assists in preparing marketing materials, including materials for interviews.
- Provides proofreading, editing, and formatting services for technical material and communications.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in an administrative, writing, or proposal coordination role.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Communications preferred, or 3+ years of equivalent work experience.
- Must have strong writing and organizational skills.
- Experience using graphic file types, such as JPG, TIFF, EPS, and KMZ.
- Advanced knowledge in Adobe InDesign, MS Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Google Earth.
- Must be able to type at least 35 wpm.
- Familiarity with scanners, copiers, and printers.
- Writing samples will be requested.