Responsible for preparing engineering reports and analyses, design and preparation of plans and specifications for a variety of clients and with minimal direction and supervision from a Project Manager.
- Independently develops design plans for a variety of engineering projects.
- Performs calculations for components of structures and structural frameworks.
- Creates construction plans and details for structures conforming with Cannon standards.
- May manage small projects or portions of larger projects.
- Listens and communicates effectively with staff to maintain team atmosphere.
- Works under assigned budgets and timetables.
- Develops fee estimates for some projects.
- Assists Project Managers and Director with fee estimates.
- May work directly with clients on project matters.
- Participates in professional and community activities.
- May provide direction to less experienced engineers and designers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Architectural or Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in structural analysis, design, and detailing of structures.
- California PE license required.
- Proficient knowledge of the California Building Code and ASCE 7.
- Knowledge and experience in timber, concrete, steel, and masonry structural systems.
- Highly proficient knowledge and experience in finite element design software.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.