A Senior Project Engineer will work directly with their supervisor to perform the role of lead electrical engineer regarding all aspects of industrial electrically engineered projects including: construction observation, prepare electrical studies, prepare construction and bid set documents (plans, specifications, and engineer’s estimates) in connection with the design, construction, and/or maintenance of various engineering projects with emphasis on power distribution, arc-flash, and emergency backup power design. Additionally, the successful candidate may be responsible for proposal preparation and maintaining client relationships in coordination with their supervisor, project managers, and clients with which they work.
- Lead industrial related electrical engineering projects which includes: working with supervisor to coordinate schedules, other disciplines, engineering services during construction, and project and construction direction on the client’s behalf and/or act as their liaison.
- Provides frequent on-site observation and analysis of existing conditions and construction progress to avoid and/or mitigate potential conflicts.
- Designs and prepares plans, specifications, and estimates of probable cost for a variety of electrical engineering projects.
- Performs electrical calculations and studies for power projects, i.e. voltage drop, fault current, arc flash, load studies, generator sizing, etc.
- Coordinates with clients, vendors, material suppliers, and contractors to obtain information and guidance, makes appropriate electrical equipment selections, and prepares specifications.
- Provides construction support activities such as field observations and reports.
- Works closely with other engineering practices and project managers; informing them of work progress, problems, and questions.
- Maintains relationships with existing clients and may develop new clients.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college (concentration in power preferred).
- Licensure in the state of California as a Professional Electrical Engineer required.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ progressive experience in power design.
- Low voltage experience required, medium and high voltage design experience a plus.
- Required knowledgeable in NEC (National Electrical Code) and NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency).
- Experience with SKM and/or ETAP electrical modeling and design software desired.
- Working knowledge in AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience in professional networking, developing, establishing, and managing business relationships resulting in new project work for the business a plus.