Independently executes complex design tasks. Responsible for the design and detailing of structural components for building permit submittals.
- Independently develops design plans for a variety of engineering projects and provides assistance to project level engineers in development of design plans for their tasks/projects.
- Performs calculations for components of structures and structural frameworks.
- Creates construction plans and details for structures conforming to Cannon standards.
- Directs and provides mentoring to project level engineers.
- Listens and communicates effectively with staff to maintain team atmosphere.
- Coordinates with permitting agencies.
- Manages multiple project engineering, budgets, and schedules.
- Develops fee estimates and assists Director in proposal writing.
- Maintains and manages strong relationships with ongoing clients.
- Participates in professional and community activities that promote growth.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Architectural or Civil Engineering.
- 6+ years of experience in structural analysis, design, and detailing of buildings and structures.
- Highly proficient knowledge of the Washington State and/or California Building Code with the ability to convey that knowledge to others.
- Design experience in timber, concrete, steel, and masonry structural building systems.
- High proficiency in engineering finite element design software.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
- PE license required. SE license preferred.