Structural Principal Engineer
Responsible for project management, establishing and maintaining client relations, mentoring staff, preparing engineering reports and analyses, design and preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a variety of clients and projects.
- Concurrently manages a variety of structural engineering projects.
- Develops fee estimates for all project types and ensures projects are delivered on schedule and within scope and budget.
- Establishes and fosters client relations and develops proposals and budgets.
- Maintains and manages strong relationships with ongoing clients.
- Independently develops design plans for a variety of engineering projects and assists project level engineers in development of design plans for their tasks/projects.
- Analyzes and recommends solutions to complex structural engineering problems.
- Performs calculations for components of structures and structural frameworks.
- Creates construction plans and details for structures conforming to Cannon standards.
- Responsible for the design and detailing of structural components for building permit submittals.
- Effectively manages quality assurance and quality control.
- Communicates effectively with various departments, clients, and agencies.
- Coordinates with permitting agencies.
- Directs and mentors design associates on technical matters and procedures and acts as a technical resource to staff.
- Listens and communicates effectively with staff to maintain team atmosphere.
- Participates in professional and community activities that promote growth.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Architectural or Civil Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in structural analysis, design, and detailing of buildings and structures.
- CA PE license required. SE license preferred.
- Experience in management of client relationships.
- Experience managing projects, scope, and budgets.
- Highly proficient knowledge of the California Building Code and ASCE 7 with the ability to convey that knowledge to others.
- Design experience in timber, concrete, steel, and masonry structural building systems.
- Proficient in engineering finite element design software such as RISA and ETABS.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.