Responsible for task management, assisting team members in project management, preparing engineering reports and analyses, design and preparation of plans, specifications, and cost estimates for a variety of clients and great Public Works projects. Assignments may include mentoring less-experienced team members on AutoCAD and Civil 3D, grading and drainage design, water and sewer infrastructure design, and construction engineering. In this role, the Associate Engineer may also participate in pursuing new business.
- Concurrently manages a variety of civil engineering Public Works projects.
- Works independently on engineering design for projects of medium complexity.
- Supports senior- level engineers in tasks related to developing and maintaining budgets, schedules, scopes, and work plans.
- Effectively manages quality assurance and quality control.
- Uses technical knowledge to prepare PS&E for storm drain (hydrology and hydraulics), water quality BMPs, sanitary sewer, and water pipelines.
- Primary interface with clients on project coordination and design and follow-up to ensure quality standards are met, efficiency levels are maintained, and client satisfaction, respect and confidence are assured.
- Mentors project engineers and design engineers on technical matters and procedures and acts as a technical resource to staff.
- Establishes and fosters client relations and develops letter proposals (scope, schedule and fee estimates).
- Communicates effectively with various departments, clients, and agencies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering from an accredited college.
- Requires minimum 5 years’ experience in civil engineering specifically pertaining to Public Works projects.
- Requires minimum 1 years’ of project management experience pertaining to Public Works projects.
- Requires a California P.E. license.
- Working knowledge of typical computer software programs used in civil engineering design (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Hydrology and Hydraulic, AES, WSPG, Flowmaster, etc.)
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite.
- A proven track record and strong desire of providing superior client service and delivery.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time within budget.
- Experience in mentoring and resource management a plus.