Who We Are:
Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender that focuses on creating solutions for our borrowers, partners, and employees—to provide the very best experience. We are genuine, hard-working people who aren’t scared to improve and intentionally push beyond what is considered “good enough.”
Looking to join a company that values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?! Apply below!
Who We Need
Cardinal Financial understands that great people are the key to great companies. We are looking for intelligent, hard-working, passionate individuals that want to be part of something very different. We need people that dream big and possess a work ethic that will inspire those around them. We are seeking forward thinking people, who produce results rather than wait for them. You will not be micromanaged; but you will need to meet specific expectations and it will be entirely up to you to make sure that this happens. You will be backed by one of the strongest, most supportive and technical mortgage banking leadership teams in the industry and we are all committed to the success of the enterprise.
What You Will Do
- Performs creative and professional copywriting, copyediting, and proofreading on items such as external flyers, brochures, social media posts, and other miscellaneous marketing support pieces for cross-functional teams.
- Has the ability to take the creative direction of the Copywriter, run with the instructions, and push the boundaries of expected writing/copyediting/proofreading while staying true to the Cardinal brand standards and meeting deadlines.
- Communicates effectively with cross-functional team members to gather full scope of work up front and as needed during the course of the project.
- Capable of making last minute changes based on business needs and direction; proactively manages and communicates project status to Copywriter.
- Works with Compliance to ensure projects comply with mortgage law and practices.
- Active participation in brainstorms and other idea-generating sessions.
- May assist the Copywriter in developing, sourcing, and writing content for the company website’s blog.
What You Need
- Demonstrated exceptional ability to write, copyedit, and proofread content in a creative, professional setting.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- 1–3 years of experience in a creative, digital, marketing, or professional writing role.
- Strong ability to justify their writing, copyediting, and proofreading decisions, with industry standards to back them up, if applicable.
- Deep, practiced knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style required.
- Demonstrated ability to write according to audience; must be able to tailor messages to specific channels and audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to write social media copy, advertisement copy, and microcopy such as headlines.
- Ability to write for digital environments, including knowledge of SEO and user experience best practices.
- Ability to write for print publication, especially short pieces such as flyers and brochures.
- Demonstrated ability to write in the following styles (as a little bit of each may be required in this role): creative, technical, expository, educational, descriptive, persuasive, and journalistic.
- Keen ability to communicate clearly and concisely, in person, over the phone, and in email or text-based media.
- Must be fluent in Google Apps (i.e., Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, etc.).
- Ability to work and communicate with the team in an online collaboration platform.
- Must be able to write on a deadline.
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects with aggressive and competing timelines, deliverables, and expectations while still paying close attention to detail.
- Able to work well on a team as well as autonomously.
- Must be willing to submit to peer/prior review.
- Must be highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in professional writing, creative writing, journalism, written communications, or similar field.
Who You Are
- You are a self-starter who is committed to your craft and has the skills to back it up.
- You are a team player who believes in what we are doing as a team and as a company.
- You take pride in your work and continually want to learn, be better, enhance your skill set, and improve.
- You are an advocate for consistency and style guide standards and are able to defend your choices.
- You are constantly challenging yourself to learn something new and come up with better ideas and ways to execute good work.
- You aren’t too attached to your ideas and you can shift gears and adapt easily when things change or ideas evolve. You keep the bigger picture in mind.
- You are nimble, flexible, and motivated. You are driven by results.
- You view creative feedback as an opportunity to learn, grow, and make yourself and your work better.
- You are willing and able to field requests that may not exactly fall under your job description, but you perform just as professionally and execute with the same degree of expertise and passion for your work.
- You understand the challenges of an emerging company and have a heart to participate in raising up a company that is thriving and gunning for the industry leader position.
Nice to Haves
- Background knowledge in mortgages, homeownership, financial services, etc., a plus.
- Experience using or familiarity with Asana.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Suite, especially Microsoft Word.
- Basic and/or working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS.
Cardinal Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and aim to empower individuals and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.