With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
- 2020 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- Top 101 2020 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
- 2020 Healthiest 100 Workplace in America
- 2021 Top Workplaces USA
CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services is a division of CBIZ, Inc., providing benefits consulting, HRIS technology, payroll, human capital management, property and casualty, talent and compensation solutions, and retirement & investment services to organizations of all sizes. CBIZ is ranked as a Top 20 Largest Broker of U.S. Business (Business Insurance Magazine) and a Top 100 Retirement Plan Adviser (PLANADVISER).
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Benefit Calculations: preparation and/or review of final benefit calculations and estimates that have been requested from plan participants.
- Record Keeping and Reporting: make periodic updates to the Plan’s database to assure agreement with the sponsor’s HR and payroll data. This may include corrections to historical information that supports the benefit calculation software and other administrative systems and preparation and review of special reports including the annual census data for the plan’s actuary.
- Service Center Support: managing the resolution process for significant service center escalations including communication with plan sponsors.
- Required Notices: ensuring delivery of periodic disclosures to plan participants including SPD, annual funding notices, suspension of benefits notices, benefit statements (or statement reminders), notice of nonvested benefits, and notice of deferred vested benefits. Familiarity with ERISA and the standard regulatory requirements for pension plans is a plus!
- Vender Support: develop and management of vendor relationships including the actuary, auditor, pension payroll agent, and ERISA Counsel.
- Client Support: host periodic meetings with clients to stay informed about activity within their plan. This could include activity reports, escalations, and other topics requiring input from the plan sponsor.
- Special Projects: ability to manage special one-off projects including lump sum windows, early retirement windows, and plan terminations. This may also include changes to testing of the administrative systems and procedures (benefit calculator, election forms, paying agent instruction files, etc.).
- High School Diploma or GED
- 8 years of professional, benefits administration experience
- Possesses highly advanced and broad knowledge and understanding of industry and professional principles, practices, and procedures
- Possesses advanced knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, and professional standards
- Expert use of applicable technology
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and enterprise communication and travel solutions (Concur, Skype)
- Experience performing work that requires initiative and leadership skills
- Experience in coaching and teaching others
- Ability to anticipate and elicit customer needs
- Ability to self-learn and develop business and technical knowledge quickly
- Motivated team player with demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working with quick turnaround times and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Capacity to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups
- Display innovative ideas and solutions and capacity to identify and eliminate redundant work efforts and inefficient processes
- Ability to provide technical leadership to staff
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel as necessary