Are you a project manager with at least 3 years of solid, hands-on experience managing full-lifecycle enterprise IT projects? Are you always looking for ways to streamline, document, and institutionalize processes to maximize consistency, efficiency, and compliance in project execution? Have you curated a toolbox with the templates, trainings, and checklists you’ve created? Have you found that mentoring others is the best part of your job?
Computercraft is seeking this perfect candidate who comes to the table with experience working “in the weeds” as a PM, developing tools (e.g., SOPs, policy documents, templates, checklists) and trainings, and mentoring others on the project lifecycle. The successful candidate will support a well-established Program Management Office (PMO) by mentoring Federal Project Leads who are managing upgrades and improvements to an Oracle E-Business Suite Federal Financial Management system and by supporting all project management governance activities in conformance with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC). Further, the candidate will support internal organizational change management efforts and the development (i.e., writing, revamping) of project tools and materials.
This is a full-time position working on site at an NIH office in Bethesda, Maryland, but the new hire will initially telework. Currently, all Computercraft employees at NIH are teleworking full time to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Employees will return to onsite work as soon as it is deemed safe to do so.
- Mentor and support Project Leads, ensuring compliance with the EPLC
- Design, develop, and maintain tools that support projects (e.g., Work Request Tool, Project Classification Tool, Project Process Agreement, Risk Management, Lessons Learned)
- Provide guidance in the development of project schedules to ensure alignment with governance guidelines
- Analyze project requirements against program requirements to evaluate project governance needs and determine best project delivery methodology
- Conduct ongoing analysis of project performance against project delivery methodologies to improve project delivery standardization, quality, and efficiency
- Analyze project schedules throughout the project lifecycle to identify impacts and concerns and facilitate escalation to Leadership
- Facilitate the Risk Management Program
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders and business owners
- Update assigned program practices to define new or improve existing business processes and governance policies
- Work with Project Leads and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) program activity leads to continually assess impacts of projects and O&M activities
- Perform quality and technical writing reviews on work products
- Develop project status reports, internal status reports, and other administrative documents as required
- Bachelor of science degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing large-scale Enterprise Resource Planning projects (e.g., Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft)
- Minimum of 3 years of organizational change management experience
- Project scheduling expertise and familiarity with Microsoft Project 2013 and Project Server 2013
- Experience developing SOPs for project management processes and procedures
- Experience developing and delivering training (instructor-led and eLearning) and mentoring
- Exceptionally strong technical writing as well as verbal communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Customer service orientation
Other Desireable Skills/Experience:
- PMP certification
- Experience working with Oracle E-Business Suite Federal Financial Management modules (Release 11 or higher)
- Competency in Adobe Captivate or other similar eLearning authoring application
- Experience in a Federal Government environment
- SharePoint development or maintenance expertise
- Strong working knowledge of the change control process
- Experience leading quality assurance efforts
- Working knowledge of the HHS EPLC methodology
- Agile Scrum certification
Note that one or two writing samples will be required for viable candidates after the initial screening process.
To learn about other Computercraft job opportunities, please visit the Careers section of our website: https://computercraft-usa.com/.
Computercraft offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and the opportunity for a positive work–life balance with a standard 40-hour work week and the chance to work alongside a team of highly accomplished professionals.
Computercraft is an equal opportunity employer.