Crane Aerospace & Electronics is seeking to hire a Maintenance Mechanic in Burbank, CA.
- Skills and experience in all areas of maintenance and construction, with specialized skills in one of the following areas; Electrical, Plumbing, or HVAC
- Incumbent will be assigned tasks in one of the fields as above.
- Work with other employees in the maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Move equipment and furniture
- Participate in construction projects.
- General repairs to buildings, systems and equipment.
- Operate forklifts.
- Receive hazardous material training and respond to emergencies
- Maintain stocks of materials and tools needed to carry out tasks.
- Use power and hand tools, competently and safely.
- Work on ladders and other high places.
- Collect and store hazardous materials and wastes if assigned to task.
- Inventory and maintain stocks of oils and fluids needed for production or maintenance.
- Work with outside vendors in receiving or transport materials.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years’ experience and/or 3 years combination of training and experience in the specialized area as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication in the English language.
- Strong computer skills (understanding of basic software).
- Read and understand prints and schematics.
- Good basic mechanical skills.
- Familiarity with safety rules and regulations.
- Use power and hand tools necessary to carry out assignments.
- Know and follow safety rules and regulations.
- Work on ladders and high places.
- Skills and experience in construction, carpentry, machinery and equipment moving.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This position may require access to Controlled Data or Information. Where the position requires such access only US Persons will be considered. As a US Department of Defense contractor, we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You’ll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
We are committed to operational excellence and world class processes. We employ Lean manufacturing techniques to optimize manufacturing efficiency and accuracy on all product lines. Our products are known for their technical strength, proven reliability and overall value.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development.
Special Work Conditions:
Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals or permanent residents (Green Card).
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.